Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got a recruiter to recommend?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Got a recruiter to recommend? Reply with quote

There's a chance that I'll be coming back to Korea for another year, and I'll be trying to land either a public school or university job, or work at a decent hakwon(essentially, just a job a cut above the rest). Anyone have any recruiters to recommend?
Derrek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this recruiting company helped me get a good job last summer. I was very happy with them, however I was very sad to find that they also LOST my University degree! So after that, I got REALLY pissed.

There are other people who work for the company, though. I met one of the other ones, and he seemed like a nice guy. The company is called Haanrecruit.

The name of the guy who lost my degree is Andrew Ahn.

The name of the guy I met who I'd call there instead is Michael. Contact him at:

011-355-9519

On another note, since many of the more popular boards now charge schools (Dave's & English Spectrum, to mention a few), it really is worthwhile to post your resume and a photo on every board you possibly can. That's how I got my current job. Actually, I think they found my most recent job off of a Korean site I posted on. (I think it was www.jobs.co.kr, and I believe I posted in English).

www.eslcafe.com
www.englishspectrum.com
www.jobs.co.kr
www.worknplay.co.kr
www.eslemployment.com

Those are just a few I can think of now.
Scott in HK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested in this too...I will be back in Korea in October..with wife and two kids and need work that will support them in the life they have become accustomed too....

Hopefully with a F2-1 visa, I will be able to combine jobs....
ratslash

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.eslcafe.com/forums/korea/viewtopic.php?t=6652&highlight=

erm, he didn't like seon-joo at korea global connections. she was an angel for me. i'd recommend her.
sadsac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Footprints Recruiting, Jeff Strachan and Ben Glickman. Web address is www.footprintsrecruiting.com Very professional guys. Smile
buddy bradley

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. I'll send you a PM explaining all the gory details.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Homer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Footprints does look professional....their rep is pretty decent.

Korjob in Seoul aint bad either.
buddy bradley

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with Footprints is that they don't recognise S. Africans as being English speakers, which is true, taking into acount - oh, never mind. We're still on the list.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kitkat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Kim & Joe Reply with quote

I just arrived in Korea last week but my recruiters have been very good to me so far. I used 'Kim & Joe.' Amy Lee was my main contact, she does full-time jobs but they also have part-time work. They were great about getting my flight pre-paid for me, arranging an nice hotel (they paid) for my first night so I wouldn't have to figure out a new apartment while hopelessly jet-lagged and liaising with my school. Amy sent me pictures of my apartment as well so I would know exactly what I was getting. Their website is www.kimnjoe.com. They're located in Busan. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
IconsFanatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.tkrs.ca
The Man known as The Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ratslash wrote:
http://www.eslcafe.com/forums/korea/viewtopic.php?t=6652&highlight=

erm, he didn't like seon-joo at korea global connections. she was an angel for me. i'd recommend her.

That's good to know thanks.

ps don't go soccerfan on me, soccerfan
The Man known as The Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buddy bradley wrote:
The problem with Footprints is that they don't recognise S. Africans as being English speakers, which is true, taking into acount - oh, never mind. We're still on the list.

Footprints sounds they are on the ball-do they also refuse to recoginse kiwis?
buddy bradley

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do recognise Kiwis. How they are able to understand them, however, is another matter.

I should be writing books about this stuff instead of posting about it, but then again, the gifted always get cast aside. Debris.
keroleen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadsac wrote:
Footprints Recruiting, Jeff Strachan and Ben Glickman. Web address is www.footprintsrecruiting.com Very professional guys. Smile

could you tell me more about these guys? I met Jeff at the UBC job fair yesterday for the 2nd time and it sounds like they actually place in better contracts/schools etc.

PS. Anybody know where i can possibly find job for Mandarin Chinese AND English teacher? I understand there is a demand for chinese in korea now.
Gord

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keroleen wrote:
PS. Anybody know where i can possibly find job for Mandarin Chinese AND English teacher? I understand there is a demand for chinese in korea now.

Most jobs for Chinese teachers are strictly for written Chinese, and you need to be able to speak Korean fluently. Of the few people I've worked with who taught Chinese, only one taught actual spoken Chinese and that was for adults working in Immigration.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: