Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thank God(dess). Bert and Ernie arrested for sodomy.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R. S. Refugee

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Thank God(dess). Bert and Ernie arrested for sodomy. Reply with quote

Down with Gay Muppets. -- Dr. Dodson

'PBS announces new schedule'
By Rich Procter

THIS JUST IN...By way of addressing the major shift in America to Honest Republican Values�� and the Culture of Life�� as embodied by Virtuous Wingnuts��, PBS has just announced a revised schedule for a typical day of broadcasting.

MORNING CHILDRENS' BLOCK

SESAME STREET - New characters "Righteous Rabbit" and "Divinity Dawg" have Bert and Ernie arrested on suspicion of violating anti-sodomy statutes. Grover turns in Big Bird for using steroids, and Special Permanent Guest Resident James Dobson joins Cookie Monster in presenting the Letter of the Day, "C" for "Corporal Punishment," which he gleefully demonstrates on Zoe with a tire iron while Oscar the Grouch holds her down.

CLIFFORD GOES TO GITMO! . . .

http://www.smirkingchimp.com/article.php?sid=21031&mode=nested&order=0
Ya-ta Boy

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who outed Bert and Ernie in the first place?
Hwajangsil Ajumma

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Twas I who outed them. Their smutty ways and constant denial of their true selves is an affront to good people like myself who want only to drink long and deep of the well of the free life.

I hereby resolve to visit them at their place of penitence and educate them in the works of Oscar Wilde, babycham and tantric yoga; you'll see what markedly reformed characters they are upon their eventual release.
AJRimmer

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the cookie monster still cool???
I don't think I could handle him turning into a poof
dogbert

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just waiting for the day when that fraud Dobson gets the Jimmy Bakker/Swaggart treatment. There must be something there, just waiting to be exposed.
hypnotist

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJRimmer wrote:

He's going to start eating cookies strictly in moderation.

Seriously.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
R. S. Refugee

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJRimmer wrote:

No telling what's going on inside that garbage can. Right, Ace?
Konundrum

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hypnotist wrote:
AJRimmer wrote:

Seriously.

This is true...he's actually starting to scarf various fruits and veggies...(none of them named "Ernie" or "Bert").
So is "Cookie Monster" a species or just a name? Are there female Cookie Monsters?
AJRimmer

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hypnotist wrote:

Seriously.

That makes me so angry! Evil or Very Mad

He's called the "Cookie" moster because he is obsessed with cookies.
Take away that obsession and you also take away his right to have the word "cookie" in his name
Instead of the Cookie Monster, he becomes just another common purple puppet operated by a homosexual Evil or Very Mad
R. S. Refugee

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJRimmer wrote:
hypnotist wrote:

Seriously.

That makes me so angry! Evil or Very Mad

He's called the "Cookie" moster because he is obsessed with cookies.
Take away that obsession and you also take away his right to have the word "cookie" in his name
Instead of the Cookie Monster, he becomes just another common purple puppet operated by a homosexual Evil or Very Mad

Y'know, you really do sound a lot like the real Rimmer character. Good going.
guangho

Location: a spot full of deception, stupidity, and public micturation and thus unfit for longterm residency

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rimmer...rimming...rim...rimshot....
Nowhere Man

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

I heard that the reason for this is that Bert and Ernie are planning to get married.

I can't recall of this missed the board or I got it from here, but there are plans for Cookie Monster:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4432415.stm

Serious plans.

And this article wins because of the cryptic message at the bottom.
flakfizer

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dogbert wrote:
I'm just waiting for the day when that fraud Dobson gets the Jimmy Bakker/Swaggart treatment. There must be something there, just waiting to be exposed.

And why must there be something there? The fact that you put him in the same company as Bakker and Swaggart is very telling indeed.
dogbert

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flakfizer wrote:
dogbert wrote:

And why must there be something there? The fact that you put him in the same company as Bakker and Swaggart is very telling indeed.

Telling on him, you mean.

How many of these god-damned Christian fundamentalist hypocrites have we given a pulpit to berate us about "family"?

Enough is enough.
R. S. Refugee

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flakfizer wrote:
dogbert wrote:

I don't think that "there must be something there." But the probability is high just as the probability of humans succumbing to temptation is high. As one non-rabid common man observer said of Clinton's dalliance, it's easy to "tsk, tsk" about something like that and feel morally superior. But if you're just a regular guy like me instead of someone who is rich and/or powerful and/or famous, you're not so likely to have comely interns waving their thong panties under your nose and trying for all their worth to get some action with you. So, it's much easier to be so righteous when you don't get presented with so much temptation anyway.

And here's another clue for the terminally naive (I don't mean you, flakfizer). Ministers are famous for extra-marital dalliances -- hetero and homo. They're just in that position of authority and prestige among a group that they lead that increases the likelihood that someone is going to want to relate to them sexually as an "alpha" male or conversely that they're going to assume that they can foist unwanted sexual attention on their followers.

So, dogbert is right to the extent that Dobson has enough power, prestige among like-minded people, and probably enough wealth as well, that he would be a likely candidate for someone wanting to "claim coup" with an "alpha" male or for him assuming he can make advances on comely followers.

Pardon me while I go off and try to become rich, famous, and/or powerful so I can get me some of that good ole time temptation. Very Happy Laughing Wink

Jesus had the right idea when he saved the adultress from being stoned to death by saying, let you who is without sin cast the first stone. Too bad most (all?) the leaders of those right wing "Christians" who claim to worship him seem to have missed that part of the gospel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: