Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Movie Turkeys You've Seen Lately
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiberious aka Sparkles

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freezer Burn wrote:
I walked out of 12 Monkeys, Im a big fan of Bruce Willis but that movie sucked!!!

I have it on good sources that you are definitely going to hell.

Sparkles*_*
Son Deureo!

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiberious aka Sparkles wrote:
Freezer Burn wrote:
I walked out of 12 Monkeys, Im a big fan of Bruce Willis but that movie sucked!!!

Oh yeah? Well, I counted, and there were nowhere NEAR 12 monkeys in that movie. Who's going to hell now? Huh?!?!?!
Tiberious aka Sparkles

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Son Deureo! wrote:
Tiberious aka Sparkles wrote:
Freezer Burn wrote:

Oh yeah? Well, I counted, and there were nowhere NEAR 12 monkeys in that movie. Who's going to hell now? Huh?!?!?!

One of my worst experiences as a cinephile was watching Emanuelle 6 and horrifyingly realizing that it was just one chick with a bunch of ugly French dudes.

Sparkles*_*
itaewonguy

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SarcasmKills wrote:
The last 3 movies I've seen in theatres have been utter crap:

Kingdom of Heaven
XXX2
The Interpreter

Where oh where have the good movies gone?

what are good movies?
itaewonguy

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freezer Burn wrote:

I saw a movie called Man of Steel with Shaq in it Embarassed

dude 12 monkeys is a classic!! I just think you were not in the right frame of mind , give it another chance try to understand the the terry gilliam experience and try to get in touch with what the stories about!
really is a great movie..
Yaya

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bozo Yoroshiku wrote:
Swiss James wrote:
"Coldcreek Manor" is jaw-gapingly bad, and I have low standards when it comes to films

One of the worst movies I've ever seen (rates up there with Plan 9 from Outer Space to give you an idea) is �̳���'s first flick, õ���. A futuristic Korean precursor to the Matrix, I think. It was so bad, who knows what it was about. The only reason to watch it is to see �̳��� run around in skin tight leather bodysuits.

Now, I've been a member of a B-movie club in university (3 horrifically bad B-movies every Wednesday night for years), and own on the order of 600+ B-movie videos, so when I say it's bad, the length and breadth to which I compare it is pretty impressive. This movie almost knocked ���� off her pedestal for Worst Actress EVER. I'm happy to see Miss Lee has since improved, and is no longer in contention for Miss Kim's title.

--boz

I think the worst acting job I've seen by a female in any country has to be Vanna White of "Wheel of Fortune" fame make her TV screen debut in "Venus." It was voted the worst film of the year and her acting also got kudos to that effect as well.

As for 12 Monkeys, that is NOT a turkey. You might also want to check out the original French film La Jetee that inspired the movie.
Freezer Burn

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOPE a big fat Turkey, by hey thats just my opinion..

but best movie Hedwig and the Angry Inch.
billybrobby

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

somebody said the america 'The Grudge/Juon' was bad, but have you seen the original? Most unscary horror movie I've ever seen. the $30 budget they spent makes it look like a cheap TV show. I kept expecting a Korean drama starlet to walk in, get hit by bus, and be carried off by her crying boyfriend.

12 monkeys isn't crap.

if sucking = music, XXX would be a big brass band.

the Grinch with Jim Carrey was a travesty.

but my vote, for this year anyways, has got to be:

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

(vote for be really horrible, that is)
Derrek

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SarcasmKills wrote:
The last 3 movies I've seen in theatres have been utter crap:

Kingdom of Heaven
XXX2
The Interpreter

Where oh where have the good movies gone?

The last two movies I saw were Kingdom of Heaven and Alexander. Yes, Sky Captain sucked, too.

Both were trash.
stumptown

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just rented Spanglish. Why do good comedy stars always try to make the transition to drama. This movie sucked booty. On another note...I saw The In-Laws with Michael Douglas and Albert Brooks. Kind of funny
Son Deureo!

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yaya wrote:
As for 12 Monkeys, that is NOT a turkey. You might also want to check out the original French film La Jetee that inspired the movie.

Actually, La Jetee was ass, IMHO. It was a good idea, but the actual execution was little more than an irritating black and white slideshow. Terry Gilliam pulled it off way better in 12 Monkeys.

But why the $%#^ did that rat bastard call it "12 Monkeys" if he couldn't even be bothered to put 12 of them in the god damn movie?!?!?!
Tiberious aka Sparkles

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Son Deureo! wrote:
But why the $%#^ did that rat *beep* call it "12 Monkeys" if he couldn't even be bothered to put 12 of them in the god damn movie?!?!?!

I had a hell of a time when, pointing out that there were only three of them, I tried to take back a Ben Folds Five CD.

And don't get me started on Leonard Part 6. Just thinking about it opens old wounds.

Sparkles*_*
mount real

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just walked out of A lot like love, Ashton Kutcher's bomb....oh my god what a pile of crap...did rip off a Star Wars poster though, so i guess it was all worth while....
Yaya

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some other great turkeys:

Best Defense with Dudley Moore and Eddie Murphy

Golden Child & Holy Man with Eddie Murphy

Adventures of Pluto Nash with Eddie Murphy

Get the idea?
mindmetoo

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only movie I ever walked out on was called Born American (1986). In a nut shell, a group of young Americans go to Finland for the deer hunt. They decide to go hunting along the Soviet border. For reasons not clear, they ignore huge signs saying "USSR don't enter!" They enter, with their deer rifles. They stumble on a Russian town. Much like every Doctor Who plot out there, the towns folk try to pin a recent murder on these strangers from beyond. The town and the Soviet garrison did not consider who they were dealing with, however. The three American friends lay waste to the whole town, with their deer rifles. Apparently Soviet BMP APCs are no match for three American kids. Because they love freedom.

In one classic scene, with the young Americans in foreground discussing why American virtues have allowed them to triumph against the entire local detachment of the Soviet army and an enraged mob of communist farmers, you see this burning human being running around frantically in the background.

They are eventually captured. Thank god. For more reasons not explained, America has no diplomatic relations with the USSR and a European diplomat has to negotiate for their release. Over vodka and Russian prostitutes, the Eurotrash diplomat and the KGB chief consign the trio to a gulag. Muahahahahah! But first their nipples are wired to car batteries and made to pay for being citizens of a freedom loving society. To a Canadian, this scene is pure wish fulfillment.

So they're tossed into a gulag where they begin the slow descent into hunger and depression. Again for reasons not explained, the gulag prisoners play a live game of chess. Prisoners are forced to battle each other to the death on a checker board and... that's where I walked the f out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: