Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anti-American Hatred in London
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leslie Cheswyck

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mithridates wrote:
I've always thought of Confucianism as being what would have happened if Socrates, Plato and maybe some others got turned into doctrine.

You mean Socrates' and Plato's methods turned into something resembling Confucianism? I'm inclined to doubt it.

Have you read What if II?. No bearing on your musing here, but it does include a 'what if' Socrates had been killed in battle at age 45. Lots of other good ones in it too.
Nowhere Man

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Good. Are Nazis invading America, France, and the western world?

When will the overthrow take place?

How much time till we're forced to bend over?
bigverne

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Saudi Arabia? Should we invade them?

No, but we need to totally reassess our dealings with Islamic nations, and not in the pathetic 'but why do they hate us' kind of way. We need to developing a long term strategy towards the region that involves massively reducing our dependence on Oil, standing up for religious minorities suffering under muslim oppression (notice the UN's pathetic reponse to Sudan), and making sure none of these backward theocracies ever gets their hands on nuclear weapons.

Quote:
Afghanistan? Does Islam still "permeate" that country?

That is why I put (formerly) in brackets.
mithridates

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confucius didn't write any of his own stuff either, he just talked a lot like Socrates. Not that I mind if my comparison of the two proves to be wrong, as it's no more than just a thought I've had from time to time.
I remember that book with the picture of the man on the moon with the flag of the Third Republic - is that the one you mean? What if we hadn't won the war, what if Napoleon had won and so on?
Leslie Cheswyck

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Nowhere Man wrote:
Good. Are Nazis invading America, France, and the western world?

When will the overthrow take place?

How much time till we're forced to bend over?

No. Because the nazis were completely crushed.

That was back in the day when we knew what do do with their sort.

Relax. No one's going to force you to bend over. You're doing that on your own already.
Nowhere Man

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:34 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

So it only formerly (permeated) that country?

Does it now?
Nowhere Man

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Quote:
Relax. No one's going to force you to bend over. You're doing that on your own already.

I realized this when I saw the defense budget. The only reason I brought it up is that I thought I heard you purring during the fisting.

Now, to get back to it. When exactly are Muslims going to over-run the country and institute Sharia?
Leslie Cheswyck

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mithridates wrote:
Confucius didn't write any of his own stuff either, he just talked a lot like Socrates. Not that I mind if my comparison of the two proves to be wrong, as it's no more than just a thought I've had from time to time.
I remember that book with the picture of the man on the moon with the flag of the Third Republic - is that the one you mean? What if we hadn't won the war, what if Napoleon had won and so on?

That could be the one. Many like it, I'm sure.

Socrates was fulfilling his duties as a citizen soldier when his side lost a battle and his comarades fled. He and a few others---elders like himself---figured they would only be cut down if they tried to flee. So they just stayed put and faced what they thought would be the end. But the enemy (Thebans, I think.) just ignored them in pursuit of their mobile---and less armed prey. Socrates and his mates slipped away at nightfall.
The Bobster

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leslie Cheswyck wrote:
The Bobster wrote:

Describing your views as evidence of ignorance and bigotry - this is not an epithet, but rather a note of caution extended toward you..

Have you nothing to say about Muslim ignorance and bigotry?

I've said one or two things about it once in a while. This thread is about the other kind of ignorance and bigotry, though. Yours.

Quote:
And Bobster, thanks for your note of caution. But I'm not a Dutch filmmaker.

And yet you are afraid. You are so very afraid. Mostly about things which you have demonstrated an impressive lack of knowledge about.

Quote:
Quote:
Your statement above about sharia law being imposed in the West is pretty near indefensible considering it is in effect today in only a small number of muslim countries. It smacks of fearmongering, even hate-mongering, and my intent was for you to ask yourself how logical a statement it was, and whether you really meant it.

Hmmm, I guess you're right. Just like in the 1930's Nazism was in effect in only a few countries. Glad we had nothing to fear then, except fearmongers and hatemongers like FDR and Winston Churchill.

Amazing how it is cool for some to cite Nazism as an excuse for - well, let's call it that, since we already have - bigotry and ignorance.

Call me up when the dreaded hordes of muslims annex the Sudetenland. I'm a light sleeper, won't be hard to wake me.

Where are your sonar readings, Les? Show me the immensity of the iceberg that lies under the water. Show it, or I will assume you are persistent in your delusions because fear makes you comfortable because it gives you an excuse to trust leaders who have shown themselves unworthy of it far too many times to be worth more than a laugh at the thought of it.
Leslie Cheswyck

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Nowhere Man wrote:
Quote:

I realized this when I saw the defense budget. The only reason I brought it up is that I thought I heard you purring during the fisting.

Now, to get back to it. When exactly are Muslims going to over-run the country and institute Sharia?

That was your mother purring.

The Netherlands? Denmark? Sweden?

How did Cortes conquer Mexico?
bigverne

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Turkey (God forbid) was ever let into the EU, muslims would go from being 1-2%, to over 20%. Turkey would serve as a conduit for mass immigration from the Arab world and beyond, and coupled with higher birth rates for muslims, and low European birthrates, Europe would be majority Islamic within 50-100 years. Not a totally unlikely scenario.

However, it seems that Europeans are slowly waking up to this. France, and Holland may both reject the EU constitution partly due to fears over Turkish entry to the EU, and the German opposition CDU (who may form the next government) are strongly opposed to Turkish entry.

Last edited by bigverne on Wed May 25, 2005 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Leslie Cheswyck

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, Bobster. Explain why so many once safe and clean European cities are such sh*tholes today.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/archives/003131.php

http://targetcentermass.net/index.php?p=490
Nowhere Man

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Sorry. I forgot about Cortez.

I do recall now how he infiltrated the Aztecs, set up voting stations, and gave Montezuma a thorough drubbing in the popular vote.

I did forget about that.

HOLY SHIT!

I'm scared.

BTW, my mother strongly disagrees with our current defense budget. Nor is she crapping her pants about how the Muslims are going to overthrow America.

She is concerned about defense-budget-bend-over boys like you screaming about the wars we have to have at the same time you're crying about how you're still not safe.

Very manly.
shakuhachi

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bobster wrote:
Earlier, shak over there showed how easy it is to be wrong about extremists on our side of the pond by using the word 'anecdotal' in reference to violence committed against a film from the US depicting Christian themes, violence that the record of history shows was far more extensive than the single instance which I originally conveyed.

Before you posted that link your story was anecdotal. You wrote that is 'seemed' that some nutter had attacked a movie screen. I was working with what you wrote - I cannot call me wrong, post facto, because your link came later.

Let me put what I wrote another way then.

So you are trying to tell us that a man attacking the screen at a movie theatre is the equivalent of an actual murder of a filmaker in cold blood in public, huh? Nice to see where you stand.

I hope you enjoy your life in dhimmitude
Ya-ta Boy

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hmmm, I guess you're right. Just like in the 1930's Nazism was in effect in only a few countries. Glad we had nothing to fear then, except fearmongers and hatemongers like FDR and Winston Churchill.

It isn't so much that he lumps all Moslems together and then compares them to Nazism that disturbs me. It's that he compares himself to FDR and Churchill. That's scary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: