Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anti-American Hatred in London
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
funplanet

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, for one, am sick and tired of Muslims begging that we, Westerners, should try to "understand the sentiments of Muslims and think before publishing news which hurt feelings of Muslims." quote from Pakistani Info Minister on CNN...
Sorry, but I am not buying it. I am past the point of no-return in trying to understand Muslim sensitivities. If there is something so wonderful about the religion that should make me feel badly about poor Muslims getting their feelings hurt, then they damn well better get it out on the table now! All I see is a religion that seems to take great pleasure in passing condemnations and death sentences on various people around the world for all sorts of meaningless infractions of some great system of Islamic law.

I am not about to get all worked up worrying about the sensitivities of devotees of a religion that will stone a woman to death for adultery, while letting the man go unpunished.

Sensitivity is not how I should feel about a religion that is in some way involved in more than 95% of the actual shooting conflicts and wars around the world.

Muslims shoot children in the back...remember Beslan? The brag about bombing schools, markets, and buses in Israel! I am sorry...how do I need to be sensitive???

The daughter of a Muslim gets violently raped. The devout Muslim takes a knife and, in front of the entire family, cuts his daughter's throat because SHE dishonered the family.....by being a rape victim...ah, poor Muslims...such a warm and fuzzy religion of peace...

What about the school fire in Riyadh several years back? It's a girl's school so girls are trying to escape. Their faces aren't covered so the Islamic defenders of the faith rush to lock the doors thus trapping the helpless girls inside to burn to their death...a wonderful religion that allows the defenders of the faith to send young girls to a horrible death...all because their faces were uncovered and they preserve the dignity of the faith...

What about the insurgents in Iraq? It's okay to kill fellow Muslims if the goal is to kill the infidels in the process...innocent women and children? they are expendable..

Such a wonderful religion of tolerance and peace and love...where is the tolerance in Iran for a man of faith? oops, did I say he was a Christian minister? about to be executed because he is a Christian and not a peace loving Muslim!!!

So, to all you peace loving Muslims and apologizers out there....when you stop killing your own daughters, when you stop trying to lock up young school girls into burning buildings, when you stop shooting children in the back or blowing up buses, and when I can see on the news that Muslims are NOT involved in one way or another in revolts, insurrections, and hot wars around the world....and when you are not working so hard to kill Americans and infidels and civilians...and when you start to show some respect and tolerance for the world's other religions...then maybe I will show you some sensitivity....so, from now on your religion of peace, and love, and tolerance, is nothing more than empty words..you wanna live in the stone age? fine, leave the rest of us out of it...hope you all enjoy eternity in hell with the Hitlers, Stalins, and Pol Pots of the world...you deserve each other
shakuhachi

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great exposition, funplanet! Spot on and I heartily agree.
Gwangjuboy

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post funplanet. Islamic nations are amoungst the most intolerant in the world. Those protesters in the UK would impose an Islamic theocracy in the UK if they had half a chance. Indeed, extreme Islamic groups have vowed to make Britain an Islamic state. They should be arrested. The UK is far to tolerant of their behaviour. Even moderate muslims secretly harbour extreme views. Thousands of muslims in my hometown once demonstrated. Amoungst their banners the local media noted there was a card which called for another holocaust. The police let them march on without impediment. Politically correct nonsense.
On the other hand

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am not about to get all worked up worrying about the sensitivities of devotees of a religion that will stone a woman to death for adultery, while letting the man go unpunished.

I'm not gonna get too worked up about the sensitivities of those particular individuals, either. However, when you're running an ongoing military campaign whose stated purpose is to bring freedom and democracy to the Muslim world, then, yeah, I kinda think the onus is on you to treat the religion with a modicum of respect.
On the other hand

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Indeed, extreme Islamic groups have vowed to make Britain an Islamic state. They should be arrested.

Arrested for what, exactly? Uttering the words "I want Britain to be a theocracy"?
Gwangjuboy

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand wrote:

Arrested for what, exactly? Uttering the words "I want Britain to be a theocracy"?

They are less tolerant than groups such as the BNP who liberal politicians in the UK demonize, and even go as far as suggesting that BNP activities be made illegal. Extreme muslim groups such as those who advocate a theocracy based on Islam in the UK believe that Jews should be exterminated. I don't think these people should be allowed to continue their activities. You are damn right I think they should be arrested. Do you think people should be allowed to walk around with banners calling for another holocaust?
On the other hand

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you think people should be allowed to walk around with banners calling for another holocaust?

Well, being pretty close to a free-speech absolutist, I would say yes. Unless the purpose is to incite immediate violence against an actual person(eg. "Hey, blokes, let's beat up that Jew over there!!").

However, I do acknowledge that my absolutism is a rather eccentric position these days. Assuming that hate speech laws are a good thing, thing: if some Muslim publically advocates actual hatred against a group, then yes, he should be charged under the relevant laws. I'm just not sure that simply demanding a theocracy qualifies as promoting hate.
dulouz

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) They wear hoods
2) They burn crosses
3) KKKoran
funplanet

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, the onus is not on me...not any more...they have had their chance and they have blown it...this has nothing to do with the war in Iraq, etc...this has been going on well before...

when they deserve the respect then I will give them their due...but not a friggin' second before
mithridates

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is 'they'?
shakuhachi

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mithridates wrote:
Who is 'they'?

He mentions 'Muslims' 12 times in his post. Are you really unsure about what he is talking about?
mithridates

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is unsure of who he's talking about.

Here's a muslim:

bigverne

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interview with Hirsi Ali, the Somali refugee turned Dutch parliamentarian now living under protective custody after she made the film 'Submission' with the late Theo Van Gogh. Unlike many white PC liberals, she fully understands the danger of radical Islam, and why it is imperative for the West to awaken from its obsession with 'multiculturalism'. An extraordinary woman.

http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/spiegel/0,1518,356485,00.html
mithridates

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigverne wrote:
radical Islam

See, bigverne has chosen the right word. Radical Islam is what we're talking about here.

By the way, what is Spiegel all about? I've never heard of them.
Also, who has seen Submission?
mithridates

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to remind people not to lose hope, and that whole cultures can be changed if the right will is there. Here's the culture that many of us came from a bit over 2000 years ago:

Quote:
Sacrifice for divination; a priest would try to predict the future from the body parts of a slain prisoner or slave. According to Strabo, Celts stabbed a victim with a sword and divined the future from his death spasms.

Looks like we've made a bit of progress since then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: