Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The NBA Playoffs
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiberious aka Sparkles

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: The NBA Playoffs Reply with quote

I could swear I posted about the NBA Playoffs earlier this week, but apparently I didn't. I haven't been drinking, either. Weird. Is there a ban on posting about the NBA Playoffs I'm unaware of? I mean, no one on this board has found this year's playoffs phenomenally exciting?

So we're down to the final four: the Suns and Spurs in the West, and the Heat and Pistons in the East. This is gonna be fun. This already has been fun -- this'll be funner.

Dwyane Wade, one of America's top 50 sexiest people (ask People), playing like the second coming of...naaah, better; Steve Nash, proving to everyone that, yes, he is the league's MVP (what a tremendous series against Dallas. We're talking pantheon here); Shaq, trying to prove he's not, and that Jerry Buss is a moron of epic proportions; Manu Ginobli, doing his thing, the indescribable things he does; Rip Hamilton trying to prove himself as Reggie's successor; Tim Duncan, playing such fundamentally sound ball that it's excrutiatingly boring -- unless, that is, you're a Spurs fan; the teamwork; the crunchtime vibe of a Conference Finals game; the intangibles.

I'm rooting for Miami, and I hope they play the Suns. It's tough to root against the amazing ball Phoenix plays, and I have a lot of love for Steve Nash, but I owe it to Dwyane Wade. You owe it to Dwyane Wade. We all owe it to Dwyane Wade (although, if little Stevie keeps playing like he did against Dallas, it'll be tough not to cheer for him). Regardless, this is the season the NBA was saved. Let's hope the fun continues (ie. no Spurs/Pistons Finals), and that both players and owners will be wise enough to prevent a work stoppage come this November.

I love this game. Again.

sandwiches*_*
SarcasmKills

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw Dwayne Wade.

Pistons in 5.

Pistons-Suns Final would be ideal... that way I truly wouldn't be disappointed with whoever wins that series..
chest rockwell

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry my friend it is and only about the lions v the all blacks this year. Northern hemisphere vs southern hemisphere in a winner takes all tussle to see where rugby supremacy will lie.

Look at the mouthwatering battles on offer:

O'Driscoll, Thomas and Wilkinson VS Carter, Umaga and Smith

Josh Lewsey VS Jonah Lomu

Jason Robinson VS Joe Rocokoko

Then theres the forward battles:

Neil Back, Lawrence Dallagio and Richard Hill VS So'oalio, Richie McCaw and Reuben Thorne

Danny Grewcock Vs Keith Robinson (hopefully) in a return battle of the England tour of '04 when NZ were totally and utterly triumphant

And then theres the battle up front:

Rowntree, Martyn Williams and Steven Thompson VS Carl Hayman, Andrew *beep* and probably Woodcock by all accounts

And then theres Justin Marshall and Andrew Mehrtens' send-off

YOU CANT TEST!!!!!!!

Last edited by chest rockwell on Sat May 21, 2005 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
chest rockwell

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chest rockwell wrote:
Sorry my friend it is and only about the lions v the all blacks this year. Northern hemisphere vs southern hemisphere in a winner takes all tussle to see where rugby supremacy will lie.

Look at the mouthwatering battles on offer:

O'Driscoll, Thomas and Wilkinson VS Carter, Umaga and Smith

Josh Lewsey VS Jonah Lomu

Jason Robinson VS Joe Rocokoko

Then theres the forward battles:

Neil Back, Lawrence Dallagio and Richard Hill VS So'oalio, Richie McCaw and Reuben Thorne

Danny Grewcock Vs Keith Robinson (hopefully) in a return battle of the England tour of '04 when NZ were totally and utterly triumphant

And then theres the battle up front:

Rowntree, Martyn Williams and Steven Thompson VS Carl Hayman, Andrew *beep* and probably Woodcock by all accounts

And then theres Justin Marshall and Andrew Mehrtens' send-off

YOU CANT TEST!!!!!!!

ESPECIALLY: Wilkinson VS Carter - a battle for the ages
FUBAR

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: The NBA Playoffs Reply with quote

Tiberious aka Sparkles wrote:

Dwyane Wade playing like the second coming of...naaah, better

You're kidding right?
little mixed girl

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pistons pistons go go go!!!
heh, i saw taeshawn prince in the airport line last yr when i went to korea. the ariport ppl were all like "how are you mr.prince?" and "congrats" and all that ish.

even if we don't win this year, we just need to be the final 2 Mad
SarcasmKills

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Lakers had a better team last year than the Heat have this year.. so I look for the Pistons once again let Wade and O'Neal get theirs and then totally shut down their team mates...

I hear some people hyping up how well 'Zo is playing and that he'll be a factor.. Puh-leeze...
Tiberious aka Sparkles

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: The NBA Playoffs Reply with quote

FUBAR wrote:

You're kidding right?

Hell no. Dwyane Wade is ten times better than Isiah Rider.

Laughing

Seriously though, have you seen what the guy's done this playoffs? No one can stop him. And it's only his 2nd year. Time will tell, but right now he's perhaps the best player in the game. Better than Lebron -- though give Lebron a couple of years and I have no doubt he'll be the better one.

Sparkles*_*
coldcrush

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: The NBA Playoffs Reply with quote

FUBAR wrote:

You're kidding right?

yeah, seriously man. i'd wait until they write the 'wade rules' first.

but the question of bron v wade. that's a tough one. i'd like to ponder on what the heat would've done had it been the king instead of wade. i'd wager we'd have seen just as much success. but who's better?

whoever wins, we all do. especially us knicks fans... because, let's face it. we're just bankrolling until bron is on the market. that's the plan, right? right?!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Eunoia

Location: In a seedy karakoe bar by the banks of the mighty Bosphorus

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: The NBA Playoffs Reply with quote

I mean, no one on this board has found this year's playoffs phenomenally exciting?

That's right. Because basketball....

Sucks.
Tiberious aka Sparkles

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: The NBA Playoffs Reply with quote

Eunoia wrote:
I mean, no one on this board has found this year's playoffs phenomenally exciting?

That's right. Because basketball....

Sucks.

Don't you have a donut to eat or something?

Sparkles*_*
schwa

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called Pheonix & Nash on another thread on this site before the season started. I wasnt disappointed!

Nash is in a magic zone right now. I'm predicting he's going to prove why he was chosen mvp over Shaq, in the finals. Mark my words.
Tiberious aka Sparkles

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

schwa wrote:

Nash is in a magic zone right now. I'm predicting he's going to prove why he was chosen mvp over Shaq, in the finals. Mark my words.

I think he's already proved why. Hell, his series against Dallas put him in some VERY elite (see: Magic) company. The guy's statline is looking like Allen Iverson's!

Sparkles*_*
poddubny

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

schwa wrote:

I think he's already proved why. Hell, his series against Dallas put him in some VERY elite (see: Magic) company. The guy's statline is looking like Allen Iverson's!

Sparkles*_*

magic did it against teams that were infinitely better than anything the suns will ever have to face. and he did it year-in, year-out, to boot. i'll give nash his god-like status when i see him do the same. plus, dallas isn't a team that's known for their tough defense.

as for wade vs. bron, i'd take king james in a heartbeat. if lebron had a shaq-level player on his team, i'm sure we'd be seeing him light it up in the playoffs. a pass only becomes an assist if the guy on the recieving end can finish the job. wade has one of those players. arguably, lbj doesn't.

i still say spurs over pistons.
SarcasmKills

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pistons in 5
Suns in 6

Pistons over Suns in 7
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: