Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obervations on Iraqi forces

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Summer Wine

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Obervations on Iraqi forces Reply with quote

Someone may find the following interesting reading. It raises a couple of issues that I hadn't really seen in good detail and makes me question whether the same mistakes of the past are being repeated.

http://fairuse.1accesshost.com/news3/salon6.htm

But I guess we will truly only understand that with hindsight.
dulouz

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

link does not work
mateomiguel

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why is this posted as if its a Salon.com article, and yet its on some no-name crapactular web host? Link to the original article, or i call BS.
Nowhere Man

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=salon+david+axe

Salon has funny rules about access to its content. You have to pay or watch an advert. I think this google does support that it came from salon.

As for the article itself, I'm not surprised at all.

In 2003, the official line was that we would only stay as long as necessary.
In truth, as long as necessary=whenever we see fit.

A challenge: count how many children you have before the US withdraws from Iraq.
The Bobster

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Nowhere Man wrote:
A challenge: count how many children you have before the US withdraws from Iraq.

A more important, though more difficult challenge : count how many Iraqi children die before the US withdraws from Iraq.
Summer Wine

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested Bobster about your views on what the US should do. Do you think that they should pull out as they did in Vietnam, unilaterally? Stay the course regardless of casulties? Or base themselves in Kurdistan and let the rest go where it will? Support the creation of a Dictator who will force the rest of the country into submission and then pull out? Or an option that I haven't even considered?
The Bobster

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summer Wine wrote:
I am interested Bobster about your views on what the US should do. Do you think that they should pull out as they did in Vietnam, unilaterally?

I don't think we should pull out as we did in Vietnam, which was about a decade and a half later after 50,000 American bodybags and countless Vietnamese slauightered in the jungle. I think we should do it NOW, right now, or at the latest tomorrow morning after everyone's had a good night's rest and packed up their duffles.

And yes, I think this even if the result is massive chaos (could it be worse than now) and even if it means someone as bloodthirsty as Saddam rises to the top - even if someone worse comes along. Unfortunate as that might be for the Iraqi people, it's their problem. I'm an American and I want us out of their because I believe it is bad for my country.

I don't see anything positive for America that has happened as a result of our invasion of Iraq, and I see a lot of things negative that have come about, and with more bad stuff in the pipeline later on.

Bring the troops home. Now. Not later.
Joo Rip Gwa Rhhee

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The US soon will move its forces to Kurdistan (where new US military bases are under construction) away from the insurgents. The Shia can deal with them in ways the US can't .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: