Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beaches on Jejudo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Babayaga

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Beaches on Jejudo Reply with quote

Cool Can anyone please tell me if any swimming can be done on Jejudo in September? I did visit Jeju once in Sept,but when I went to the beach,no--one was swimming.Will there be any beach police at that time of year? Looking forward to doing some swimming then---any advice?
hellofaniceguy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me...I don't know though...but....gesh...you're on an island..yes...island...surrounded by water....swimming can be done whenever YOU feel like it. If the water is too cold for you...then don't swim.
Beach police?
Why swim where they are? You're on an island! Drive around it and find spots that you like...jump in and swim! Who says you have to swim where everyone else does?
Jeju beaches are 90% rock...stilll...you can swim..play in the water if you want. Use common sense when entering the water, jumping off of rocks, etc....
Water warm in September? To some yes...to others...no. Same with October and November.
Just because no one else is in the water does not mean you can't go in! And actually...no people means...no crowds or zillions of koreans stepping all over you!
You'll enjoy the beaches far more without korean crowds around.
Babayaga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Jeju beaches Reply with quote

hellofaniceguy wrote:
Seems to me...I don't know though...but....gesh...you're on an island..yes...island...surrounded by water....swimming can be done whenever YOU feel like it. If the water is too cold for you...then don't swim.
Beach police?
Why swim where they are? You're on an island! Drive around it and find spots that you like...jump in and swim! Who says you have to swim where everyone else does?
Jeju beaches are 90% rock...stilll...you can swim..play in the water if you want. Use common sense when entering the water, jumping off of rocks, etc....
Water warm in September? To some yes...to others...no. Same with October and November.
Just because no one else is in the water does not mean you can't go in! And actually...no people means...no crowds or zillions of koreans stepping all over you!
You'll enjoy the beaches far more without korean crowds around.

Twisted Evil Hey,hellofaSMARTALECK! When I asked a question about swimming in Sept.,I didn't need anybody's ADVICE or PERMISSION to swim whenever I felt like it! I simply wanted to know if the water was warm enough to swim at that time,so I knew what to expect when I visited! With regard to beach police,it was to know whether they police the beaches at that time to warn about tides or bad weather,or whether I could only swim at my own risk!

Next time don't be so SARCASTIC! Evil or Very Mad
hellofaniceguy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Touchy touchy aren't we now!
You better read your posting again pal...YOU ASKED FOR ADVICE in your last sentence! And I gave it. So what if you didn't like it! And so what if I am a smartaleck!

Case closed. No reason to carry on unless you find it absolutely necessary to have the last word on everything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: