Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

best traveller's insurance?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ballewja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: best traveller's insurance? Reply with quote

Hey all...
I'm going to be getting traveller's insurance to cover myself from the time I leave the US to the time my medical insurance kicks in through my school in Korea.

I was wondering if any of you have ever gotten this, and if so where did you go to get yours? I'm hoping to find some I can buy online that's fairly inexpensive but through someplace that reputable.

Any help or suggestions would be great!

Thanks!
Smile

Jen
caniff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it only me? Am I the only one who has not considered this contingency? (i.e. whothehellknowswhat???)

One question: Is this the type of insurance that covers doctor's office visits, or plane crashes? Serious question there, although I will not be able to help answer your main inquiry.

I hate paying for insurance, unlike most people, but who knows what might freakishly happen. Could end up being a genious move.

This guy (if I may assume for the sake of my verbal spew) has asked a serious question and he waits patiently by his computer for an answer that I am unsure will be answered by this forum. Time will tell.........
caniff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand, I was at my friend's house when suddenly "Mork and Mindy: The Untold Story" , or something like that, appeared on the box we had been ignoring. Debates and reviews followed. Anybody see that? We watched about 15 minutes until we had to leave. It seemed like the type of program which leaves the viewer compelled to either despise it as an abomination, love it, wonder why it was conceived, or turn the channel.

The guy who played Robin Williams, although not a doppelganger and guilty of severe overacting, did seem to channel the guy. And 'Mindy's wardrobe was dead on and she was pretty hot (in a Mork and Mindy 'Mindy' way, if you know what I mean).

So, what about traveller's insurance? Good idea, or what?
ballewja

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen...

That's a girl's name.

I'm a girl...

::sniff::

Anybody have any opinions or suggestions about traveller's insurance? I'm looking into the kind that would cover any needed medical expenses.

Or do people on here just not usually worry about this stuff?
kalbi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: Insurance Reply with quote

Try www.insuremytrip.com

Just bought a policy from them for my summer trip.
ballewja

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: MNUI Reply with quote

Alright...

I bought some traveller's insurance with Multinational Underwriters that covers me for about a month from the day I leave the US (& then I'll be covered under the national medical plan). But hopefully everything will be ok and I won't have to use it.

Smile
Zark

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most people don't pay much attention to this as most of the teachers in Korea are youngish - and are only planning on teaching for a few years.

If you decide to persist in teaching - consider getting some good insurance as the insurance most employers provide in Korea - at the very best - scuks.

Though my employers across four countries have provided insurance I still carry my own policy - as I can decide where to go and who to see. Particularly in countries like Korea where health care can be poor - hospitals dirty - I want to be able to pick and choose what I get. It also keeps peoples' noses out of your personal business. Because, believe me, they will be discussing it at the office . . .
Some people even have to go to the clinic with their boss in tow. Not for me.

I use a UK based insurance company - their e-mail address is at the bottom of the page here: http://phuketdelight.com/medical.htm
tzechuk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I normally buy my insurance at the airport....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: