Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OCD
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
periwinkle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: OCD Reply with quote

[quote="Tiberious aka Sparkles"]
3) I hate eating around others. If I do, it messes up my digestion. My wife, understandably, hates this, because I will only eat meals with her and the little girl on weekends.

5) I will never, under any circumstances, use a urinal.

quote]

No WAY, dude! That's just not right. You need to get your life back. You can take meds for OCD. I'm a big fan. I'm on Effexor (bit pricey, but I'm normal now- well, other might disagree, but...). I did the repeated hand washing thing for a couple of weeks when I was an adolescent. Then I got an eating disorder when I was a Freshman in college- ooh, that was so not fun (my roomate and I were bulimic buddies. She even used to water down her skim milk). Man, to this day, I cannot have a pint of ice cream in my house without being compelled to eat all of it. Almost forgot- then I had an exercise compulsion. I kind-of wish I still had that compulsion. It's very motivating.....
Corporal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of y'all need help.

I like to count the seconds left in my classes. 967...966...965...

Lettuce does NOT belong in hamburgers and must be picked out and discarded before the hamburger is consumed.

Fries may not be eaten with ketchup.

Toilet seats must be covered with paper.

Children, other than my own, must not touch me.
fidel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of you? ALL OF YOU FREAKS DO! Shocked
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm obsessing over this picture :/
Freezer Burn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fidel wrote:

Fidel is that the view from Mission Bay or round near St Heliers.
Freezer Burn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fidel wrote:

Fidel is that the view from Mission Bay or round near St Heliers. in your avatar
numazawa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had this problem for years: I'm obsessively indifferent and compulsively apathetic. Thankfully, I don't care.
fidel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freezer Burn
Couldn't tell you for sure but from my experience heading up to the barrier that is the exact view you would get on the return trip. I grew up in Milford on the shore and miss looking at Rangi everyday.
Shutterfly

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few, I don't think I would say OCD, they are just quirks.

-In the shower, I hate getting water in my face (sticking my face under the spray) I have to use a washcloth. I do not know why, bath or swimming pool Iam fine.

- When i was little I would eat everything clockwise, one thing at a time on my plate. Always starting at 9.

- It drives me nuts when people dont lay their fork and knife properly after they finish a meal. (got that from my grandmother)

- I am most particular about my tea. Always use fresh water, never boiled twice. stir the tea bag 3 times, squeeze it out on the left side of my cup. and 3 dashes of skim milk.
numazawa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shutterfly wrote:
- When i was little I would eat everything clockwise, one thing at a time on my plate. Always starting at 9.

That makes perfect sense to me, given that it all goes down the toilet in the opposite direction, which works out nicely. That's why it's called the tidy bowl. Of course you'd have to reverse yourself in the Southern Hemisphere.
JongnoGuru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shutterfly wrote:

-In the shower, I hate getting water in my face (sticking my face under the spray) I have to use a washcloth. I do not know why, bath or swimming pool Iam fine.

- It drives me nuts when people dont lay their fork and knife properly after they finish a meal. (got that from my grandmother)

- I am most particular about my tea. Always use fresh water, never boiled twice. stir the tea bag 3 times, squeeze it out on the left side of my cup. and 3 dashes of skim milk.

I didn't think I had any OCDs and I doubt this even qualifies, but it is similar to your eating "quirk".

When I was small I would survey the plate and rank all the foods in order of preference. Then I'd eat my way from least to most favourite, saving the best for last like a reward. This used to drive my mother up the wall, but my dad would say 'Look, at least he eats everything and doesn't complain', and he was right -- lots of children will just refuse to eat things they don't like.

That sort of picky behaviour about food would not (!!) go over at the Guru's house, not even from cousins or friends of mine. The only way someone could possibly get out of eating something would be if they were actually allergic to it. One time a cousin of ours said, 'Ewww, I don't like _____!' and made as though she wasn't going to eat it. I remember all conversation coming to an immediate halt, and me and my sister just freezing in mid-bite and staring at her in disbelief, as did our parents. It took all of us to hold her down while Mum force-fed her the rest of her meal. Happy times, happy times.
Cthulhu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corporal wrote:
Fries may not be eaten with ketchup.

Damn straight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: