Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cigar conasours
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robb9

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: cigar conasours Reply with quote

Does anyone have any recomendations for a good cuban cigar. I am going to a wedding in June and I want to bring a couple. When I went to Itaewon, the lady tried passing a dominican (romeo and julieta) cigar as a cuban and wanted 14.00 dollars for one. Any one who can tell me a good place to go, as well as a good medium priced one. Thanks in advance
JacktheCat

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're just buying the cigars to impress someone, get some Cohibas.

And forget about finding cigars in Korea at reasonable price. That one store in Itaewon and the top tier hotels seem to have racket on them in this country.

Order them off the internet.
hellofaniceguy

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the Phillips Building across from the Hyatt in Itaewon. See Pierre...he is the only Cuban cigar importer in korea. Large store...he'll sell to you...not just to stores/shops.
rokgryphon

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Davidoff's or H. Uppman. If you know of anyone leaving the country on vancation you could always get them to pick them up for you at the Duty Free Shop. Of you can order them online. Enjoy.
indytrucks

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monte Cristos, No. 4 or 5. At the duty free as well.
robb9

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am from the states, so I dont know if its ok for me to get them from the duty free shop. Has anyone had any experience. Also I took your advice and l searched online, but with the cost of shipping it seems to be the same price as in Itaewon. Thanks for the help so far.
funplanet

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't sweat it...take 'em home, fire 'em up, get some good cognac, and enjoy a cuban!
Hwajangsil Ajumma

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had two Cubans last night:

lawyertood

Location: Seoul, Incheon and the World--working undercover for the MOJ

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.puroexpress.com/
carries the following cuban brands w/ free shipping--takes about 7-10 days to receive

Bolivar
Cabanas
Cohiba
Cuaba
Diplomaticos
Fonseca
H Upmann
Hoyo de Monterrey
Jose L. Piedra
Juan Lopez
La Flor de Cano
La Gloria Cubana
La Troya
Los Statos de Luxe
Montecristo
Partagas
Por Larranaga
Punch
Quay D' Orsay
Quintero
Rafael Gonzalez
Ramon Allones
Rey del Mundo
Romeo y Julieta
Saint Luis Rey
San Cristobal de la Habana
Sancho Panza
Trinidad
Vegas Robaina
Vegueros
nateyb

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellofaniceguy wrote:
Go to the Phillips Building across from the Hyatt in Itaewon. See Pierre...he is the only Cuban cigar importer in korea. Large store...he'll sell to you...not just to stores/shops.

Does he have pipe tobacco?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
demaratus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Do many people here (on the board) smoke cigars regularly? I am an avid smoker, I smoke 99% habanos. If you're still looking, I say go for a partagas lustiania (a double corona- my fave!), montecristo #2, or Vegas Robaina Unicos. Cohiba and Trinidad are the big Flagship cuban brands, both are nice but very expensive (heck a box of cohiba esplendidos is over $400 us in Cuba! Trinidad funadores are even more expensive). For the money you could get many not as prestigious habanos for less money.

good luck,

mike
Bulsajo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there still a store selling Cubans in Songtan? There used to be...
PaperTiger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: If you are one, how come you can't spell it? Reply with quote

Connoisseurs, cognicenti, afficianado.....
coldcrush

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: If you are one, how come you can't spell it? Reply with quote

PaperTiger wrote:
Connoisseurs, cognicenti, afficianado.....

lets not be pedantic, it's obvious he meant cigar kronosaurus.

KRONOSAURUS

ANATOMY
Kronosaurus was a short-necked plesiosaur, a meat-eating marine reptile 30 feet (9 m) long. It had four flippers, a huge head with strong jaws, and a short, pointed tail. The head was up to 9 feet (2.7 m) long, about 1/3 of the entire length of the body. It had rounded teeth at the back of the jaws which could crush shells and cephalopods (squid and octopi).
Kronosaurus was not a dinosaur, but a plesiosaur, another type of extinct reptile. Plesiosaurs may have evolved from the Nothosaurs or the Pistosaurus, a mid-Triassic reptile.

WHEN KRONOSAURUS LIVED
Kronosaurus lived during the early Cretaceous period.

BEHAVIOR
Kronosaurus lived in the open oceans and breathed air. Some Plesiosaurs have been found with small stones in their stomachs; these may have been used to help grind up their food, or as ballast, to help them dive. They probably laid eggs in beach sand (like modern-day sea turtles).

REPRODUCTION
Kronosaurus may have laid eggs in nests that they dug into the sand, much as modern-day sea turtles do.

DIET
Kronosaurus ate ammonites and other cephalopods. Fossilized plesiosaurs and turtles have been found in the stomach cavity of Kronosaurus. Kronosaurus had strong jaws and sharp teeth. It had rounded teeth at the back of the jaws, used to crush shells. Kronosaurus was one of the top predators in the seas of the Mesozoic Era.

LOCOMOTION
Kronosaurus swam using their four paddle-like flippers in a manner similar to that of modern turtles. They might have been able to move a little bit on land, as modern seals do.

CLASSIFICATION
Kronosaurus was a plesiosaur, a marine reptile, not a dinosaur. It was a member of the following clades:

Vertebrata
Tetrapoda
Diapsida - these include all the reptiles (except turtles) and birds. They are distinguished by having two holes in the rear upper part of their skulls and two holes behind the eyes.
Sauropterygia (which includes both plesiosaurs and nothosaurs).
(Order) Plesiosauria - the pointed-tailed flippered marine-adapted reptiles which included two types, long-necked and short-necked
(Superfamily) Pliosauroidea - had large heads with very strong jaws, short necks, and resembled modern-day whales. They ate larger sea creatures. They included: Macroplata, Peloneustes, Liopleurodon, Kronosaurus, etc.
Family Dolichorhynchopidae - Kronosaurus
LOCATION OF FOSSILS
Kronosaurus lived in the seas that covered parts of Australia during the early Cretaceous period.

DISCOVERY OF FOSSILS
Kronosaurus fossils have been found in Australia and Colombia, South America. It was discovered in Queensland, Australia, in 1889 by A. Crombie and was originally thought to be an ichthyosaur. It was named and described by Longman in 1924.

PLESIOSAUR LINKS
Plesiosaur fossils at the UCMP, Berkeley.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
stvwrd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Cuban H. Upmann Corona from the Marriot across from Express Bus Terminal. I think it was 8,000W. I've had this one a couple times before and know it to be quite good. Maybe there are better ones out there. I like a good cigar but indulge so infrequently (about twice a year) that I wouldn't call myself a conniouseur (don't even know if I spelled it right).

I didn't buy a cutter though as it was more than the price of the cigar (11,000W).

Anyway, I need to smoke it soon as I've had it a couple weeks, so I may have to head back there and get the cutter. Or maybe just smoke it at the bar there.

I'll also check out the place in Itaewon. Thinking of buying some to take home for friends when I go back (Cuban cigar sounds like a good gift from Korea to me).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: