Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lazarus, my fish.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dulouz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Lazarus, my fish. Reply with quote

I have a beta/Siamese fighting fish on my desk at work. I cleaned out his tank today. I let the water sit for one day without him in it to de-flouride so he's in a jar next to the freshly cleaned tank.

I was in another room most of today. I came over to get some aspirin and my fish was out of the jar, on my chair and looking really dead and shriveled. Im not certain if it was the lack of water or my ingrained butt smell that he had to inhale off of the seat cusion but he look like a shriveled piece of road tar.

He looked bad and I felt bad and I decided to try to revive him and it worked so far. He came back. He went nuts for a few minutes and now hes still but alive. He changed colors, hes much whiter now. I wonder if he saw the light.
Eunoia

Location: In a seedy karakoe bar by the banks of the mighty Bosphorus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Lazarus, my fish. Reply with quote

dulouz wrote:
He looked bad and I felt bad and I decided to try to revive him and it worked so far. He came back.

Exactly how does one perform mouth-to-gill recussitation?
plokiju

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad your fish came back. I really wonder what makes fish desperate enough to leap out of a jar. Maybe he needs to visit a pet psychologist or go for pet/owner counselling.
dulouz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's dead and swirlin' down the squat toilet.

I've already lost two this way. I'm proud of my animal husbandry skills but I lost two, as in all of them so far, this way. Its just a freakin' tank wash. The first one died from the water change, the next one did a jumper from the empty Goober jar. I should have put the lid on.

RIP Lazarus.
tzechuk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was going to say.. put a lid on the jar so they cannot jump out. Fish do jump out you know.......................
Bulsajo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Betas are able to supplement their O2 supply by gulping it directly from air (i.e. "breathing") . That's why they can survive in mucky little rice paddies, tiny jars of water, etc.

But as your valiant high flying fishy has proven, 'supplement' can only take you so far.

That, or your butt smells REAL bad....

Consider getting some peacock gudgeons if you can find any- super hardy, get along with everyone in the tank, very flashy.

hojucandy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if they survive the dessication, fish that jump out if the tank a nd contact dry stuff likr yr chair invariably get fungal infections from injury t their delicate skin.. i wa about to post a warning about this but i see its too late.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: