Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CNN Weather (or this thread will die quickly and that's ok)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plokiju

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: CNN Weather (or this thread will die quickly and that's ok) Reply with quote

I was just watching CNN and the intl weather came on. They were talking about forest fires in Canada and they busted out this really basic map of Canada. It was really no better than a road map, one that you'd find on a 2 sec search on Google. Then they showed their regular map so you could see all of Canada, I guess, and it was really just a map of the US.

Are we the country that CNN forgot?

I also don't like how CNN in Canada is just regular American CNN because we care about congressional races in Arizona so very much.

They also referred to Alberta as the province west of Saskatchewan. Speaking of which, does anyone else think of Saskatchewan first when they see the initials SK?
eamo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are absolutely right. This thread will die quickly!!! Very Happy (hereby ensuring it won't Confused )
Tiberious aka Sparkles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: CNN Weather (or this thread will die quickly and that's Reply with quote

plokiju wrote:
They also referred to Alberta as the province west of Saskatchewan.

Isn't it?

Or do you mean someone said, "and this province here, west of Saskatchewan..." without actually naming it?

Sparkles*_*
plokiju

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just meant, why refer to Saskatchewan when I don't think very many people around the world know are familiar with Sask. Aside from the fact that it might be fun to say Saskatchewan.
pegpig

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plokiju wrote:
I just meant, why refer to Saskatchewan when I don't think very many people around the world know are familiar with Sask. Aside from the fact that it might be fun to say Saskatchewan.

Saskatchewan. Razz You're right. I feel much better. What a great way to end a crappy day.
joe_doufu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pegpig wrote:
plokiju wrote:

Saskatchewan. Razz You're right. I feel much better. What a great way to end a crappy day.

I particularly like talking about Saskatoon. Especially people from Saskatoon... Saskatoonians!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: