Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multipe re entry visa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
time for adventure

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Multipe re entry visa Reply with quote

I know there has been a little written on this but I wasn't able to find the info I needed. I am planning to go on vacation soon and was thinking that it would make more sense to get a multiple reentry visa as I will be leaving the country at least a couple of times over the year.

So my question is first off how much will it cost me? I have been living in Canada but am here on an Irish passport so I am thinking that they will classify me as Irish??? Also can I just go to immigration in Cheongju and they will give it to me right away? (This is the clsoest office to me) Do I need a plane ticket or something as I am planning to take the ferry to Japan? When I went to get my immigration card initially they said that I couldn't get the re entry visa then but I'm not sure why. I guess the other possibility is to find the immigration office in Busan and do it there. I am assuming that there is one.

Also is there a web site and phone number that I could have a Korean call to check some of this??

Thanks for helping me out with all of this.
canukteacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get a multiple reentry at your immigration office. You fill out a form and pay the fee. I have no idea what it is for an Irish pp holder. Canadians pay either 50 or 60,000 won. You wait about 15 minutes while they update your passport.

I have never done this. However, I have been told you can have it done at the airport as well. Maybe someone else can give you info on this.

Very easy process.

CT
Wangja

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get a single re-entry visa at the airport anytime but I do not think they do multiples.

I think multiple re-entry visas are free for Irish passports.
gdimension

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You can get a single re-entry visa at the airport anytime but I do not think they do multiples.

That was exactly my experience when I tried a few months back.

It is, as another poster said, very easy to get a multiple entry visa at your local immigration office. I have never needed a ticket or any other documentation besides my registration card and passport, either.
Derrek

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is your exact answer:

Just got the Multiple-entry visa stamp (actually, it's a sticker) for my passport at Omogkyo immigration last week.

Cost is 50,000 won if you get the multiple-entry. You pay 30,000 won for a single-entry. You need only your Passport and ARC.

I got a single-entry from Incheon immigration this Spring when I went on vacation, and found out that my employer hadn't gotten me the multiple one when I renenewed . They asked me to, next time I travelled, get it at my main immigration office ahead of time which is what I just did last week.

This time, I simply went to immigration, filled out the proper paper, which is available there, waited in line, and bought my stamps (that equals the 50,000 cost) as directed, and gave them my passport. They told me to wait, and it was ready 20 minutes after that.
junkmail

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It still depends on nationality.
UK citizens get free (actually 10000 won for some reason) multiple entry. I have a feeling it's the same for an Irish passport holder.
SweetBear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know what time immigration opens at Incheon for the single entry visa? How long the wait could be?
Derrek

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

junkmail wrote:
It still depends on nationality.
UK citizens get free (actually 10000 won for some reason) multiple entry. I have a feeling it's the same for an Irish passport holder.

For the initial first year, Americans get it too. But when you renew your contract with THE SAME school, you can pay for either a single or a multiple entry visa for that 2nd year.

Kinda weird twist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: