Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All-you-can-eat-wings in Apgujeong
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JongnoGuru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, that's settled. I'm taking Guru & Co., Ltd. out to eat these things.

Can someone suggest a time when we're not likely to encounter a crowd or a long wait? I don't like going to Gangnam in the first place, and the prospect of waiting for a table in that part of the city... I just have no patience for it.

So, when might we be able to just show up, sit down, order, writhe in agony, pay up and depart without much fuss? Day, time. Hmm?

Oh, and what can you suggest we order? Is there a dish that features wings of all levels of heat? Or do they make you order just one level and let you suffer with it? We'll be five of us, two bird-like creatures and three hearty menfolk. Is there a sampler that would serve us right? Basically, I want you to order for us. Razz
Thunndarr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been there exactly one time, just so you know exactly how little this info is worth.

I went on a Saturday around 5. The place was empty.

They have a combo wing deal. 3 different flavors/levels for...well, I don't remember. Not a bad price. Decent number of wings. 20,000 for 18 wings and 2 bottles of beer? Something like that. Couple different combos, just remembered.

Here's what I remember at my current stage of drunkenness. (I'm celebrating Tuesday dammit!)

They had like 9 different numbers of wings. 3 of those were different flavors like honey mustard, teriyaki, etc.

Now, the other numbers, of which I remember exactly 2, were levels of hotness. We got level 4, which I recall as being nice and spicy, and level 5, which was pretty hot. (I can eat bul dalk relatively well, for reference.)Level five had me pausing between wings for a good minute or two. Level 6 and 7 were hotter. FYI.

I'd say, just for reference sake, start at level 4, and go from there. All flavors were damn good, and if the price was a bit expensive, I would say it was worth it just for having decent wings.
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some buds and I are planning for sunday in the early afternoon. Hmmm, I wonder if there is a lunch special or anything.
Zenpickle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JongnoGuru wrote:
So, when might we be able to just show up, sit down, order, writhe in agony, pay up and depart without much fuss? Day, time. Hmm?

Oh, and what can you suggest we order? Is there a dish that features wings of all levels of heat? Or do they make you order just one level and let you suffer with it? We'll be five of us, two bird-like creatures and three hearty menfolk. Is there a sampler that would serve us right? Basically, I want you to order for us. Razz

We've rarely had trouble with seats. The only inconvenience was not getting the table we wanted one time. I was worried that after this thread that the place would be swamped with foreigners last weekend. There were foreigners there, but there was still plenty of room, even though it's a small shack. The seats are uncomfortable inside. I spent a lot of time standing up.

You can order exactly how many wings of whatever flavor you want. They've recently been introducing new wing flavors for the "sissies." But they're good. The garlic ones are great to eat in between a buncha "pros."

Also grab a squeeze bottle of ranch to have at the table. The only criticism I have for Sh-wing is that they're stingy on the yachae (celery and carrots).
chronicpride

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everytime that I've been there, they've had seats, but it can get tight. However, my friend June owns the bar and chicken stand right next to Shwing and speaks perfect English. He has a decent sized patio in front of his place, which is close enough for a Shwing waitress to pass a plate over from their single tabled patio. If Shwings is at capacity, I'm sure that you can strike up an arrangement to eat the wings on his patio, provided that you are drinking his pitchers. He's got a good relationship with Shwing and can probably work something out between the two places, if you are in a bind. PS, June likes to change things up on his menu now and then with stuff like a decent plate of fish and chips. Worth a visit.
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know what time they open?
the_beaver

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Corea wrote:

http://news.media.daum.net/foreign/englishnews/200312/26/korherald/v5869251.html wrote:
Sh-wing is located on Rodeo Drive in Apgujeong in the mini-mall right across from another classic, 7-11. For more information or deliveries within their area call (02) 518-9674. Sh-Wing is open Sunday through Thursday from noon to 11:30 p.m., and Friday-Saturday from noon to 1 a.m.
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_beaver wrote:
Captain Corea wrote:

http://news.media.daum.net/foreign/englishnews/200312/26/korherald/v5869251.html wrote:
Sh-wing is located on Rodeo Drive in Apgujeong in the mini-mall right across from another classic, 7-11. For more information or deliveries within their area call (02) 518-9674. Sh-Wing is open Sunday through Thursday from noon to 11:30 p.m., and Friday-Saturday from noon to 1 a.m.

thanks man.. that's perfect.
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my buds and I got there about 1:30.. and it WAS CLOSED!!??

No one was answering the number or anything so we headed for Dok-glabi.

On our way back to the station we did another flyby and by then it was open (2:30ish).

I must say, i'm glad it was. I only had one Krazy Korean but it was a blast. As for my favorites though, the med-hot were the best... nice zip to them.

I'm definately going to go there again.
chronicpride

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put together a more official page on Shwing.

If anyone else knows of restaurants that have good wings on the menu, please feel free to write up an article here and link to it.
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i finally did the all you can eat thing last night. Definately worth it.

(bumping this for some of the new peeps)
zealotnyc

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember i went to shwing in the summer of '04 with some yonsei exchange classmates because we had heard about the all you can eat offer they had.

we had about 15-20 heads and they ran out really quickly and took FOREVER to make the food. maybe it was just the girl who happened to be working that day but she took like 10 minutes a plate and then when we looked down towards the back where they made them, we saw her arranging them all nice on the plate as if buffalo wings needed presentation.

we didn't even get to eat that many each, i definitely had less than a dozen myself and they were still going to charge us the full all you can eat price. maybe it'll be a better experience the next time i go this summer.
VanIslander

Location: Geoje, Hadong, Tongyeong,... now in a small coastal island town outside Gyeongsangnamdo!

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking forward to some screaming hot wings this saturday or sunday

(am in in the big smoke, saw the world cup friendly, will do the art gallery Picasso exhibit and spicy food)
mt01ap

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

digging up this old old thread,
I tried looking for this place but couldn't find it. Does this place still exist?
alphakennyone

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was closed when I tried to go in late 06/early 2007.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: