Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

craft stores

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue Flower

Location: The realisation that I only have to endure two more weeks in this filthy, perverted, nasty place!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 7:52 am    Post subject: craft stores Reply with quote

Does anyone know of any good crafty stores in or around the Seoul area? I am particularly after a knitting shop (yes I am a nana), and a bead shop. I've tried to search online, but had no success. Any ideas would be great.
posco's trumpet

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 9:23 am    Post subject: carft shops Reply with quote

Last edited by posco's trumpet on Sat Dec 06, 2003 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blue Flower

Location: The realisation that I only have to endure two more weeks in this filthy, perverted, nasty place!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info - its just what i want. As for the yarn stores, do you know if they have a good selection? There is one here in Anyang, but she doesn't have very much at all. Could you please post directions, or addresses for those shops. thanks heaps.
posco's trumpet

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 8:20 pm    Post subject: hard to describe.... Reply with quote

Your best bet is to go to either market and ask at one of the information booths.
rachel phillips

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 5:22 am    Post subject: Craft supplies Reply with quote

I've found some stalls selling really nice glass beads in the basement of the southeast part of Tongdaemun market. There are also knitting and quilting shops there.
waterbaby

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESL4Kids wrote:
On a related note, anybody know of a place that sells a decent selection of ink pads?

I've got two new Stampin' Up sets (courtesy of my sister) that are begging to be put to use, but can't find stamp pads around here. Sad

My husband just bought a decent stamp pad in Mokdong. I'm sorry that I can't give you specific directions to the store, but he got it at a store that makes actual stamps - you know how the Koreans seem to have a name stamp for every occassion that's like a signature? So, just a thought, ask any Korean co-workers where they got their stamp(s) made and I'm sure you'll be able to track one down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: