Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Travel Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Young FRANKenstein

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Young FRANKenstein wrote:
Of the list of agencies WAAAAY back in the second post, which ones are full-service agencies, reserving both airfares and hotels? I'd like to pre-pay the whole shebang on credit card before I leave, so I only have to worry about exchanging pocket money. [ If they can provide JR Rail passes, too, that's be idela, but no big deal if they can't. I can get one at Seoul Station before I get on the airport bus. ]

I went through Hana Tour. They were able to provide both air and hotel for me, but not JR Rail. Not bad as a one-stop-shop, but the hotel they got for me is a bit on the out-of-the-way side. At least 20 minute walk from Shinjuku station. Not bad for a stroll around the neighbourhood, but hell when lugging your suitcases around.
Cerriowen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kangsan Travel - Just tried to book with them and they've been very UNhelpful! They are ignoring what I asked for (and it was really simple, jeez... just "No flights w/ an American carrier" and "one way flight". They keep telling me round trip flights w/ american carriers. It also took them five days to get around to answering my email (3 working days). I had to call them and ask if they received it. They still hadn't checked their email after 5 days!

Maybe that's harsh, and that's how travel agents work in Korea...

I'm comparing them to travel agents I've used (in and out of korea) which have always responded within a few hours of getting an email.

Also their people answering the phone sound bored, and disinterested in helping me.
wayfarer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just called whypaymore. It's a Tuesday at 11am, which is when they supposedly have English service, and I got "no English". Just thought I'd mention it.
Rteacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had problems with Kang Sung Eun of Top Travel (02-738-3563) She speaks English well and is located (as of last summer anyway) in the big Top Travel office in the YMCA building in Jongyo.
Robot_Teacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any questions about May 1 through May 5th results in, "opseyo," for all flights and all airlines immediately upon telling them the date. There isn't enough air services serving Korea. Shoot, in US and Europe, you can get it all the way up to the morning of a flight, just cost more if it's Christmas or Thanksgiving morning or day before; last minute. Other times, I got cheap last minute flights such as for college Spring break. They just don't have the inventory and volumn of air service serving Korea like we're accustomed to. 4 days before is not last minute, but it's short notice. If service is available, it's sold to you when you demand it regardless of short notice.

Might I go to a bus or train station this Friday morning only to be turned away to go to Seoul or somewhere else in Korea? crazy.
pokesplort

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can anyone say which of these travel agencies might be best for getting a one way ticket home? i'm just starting my ticket search in hopes i can find one and get my school to pay for it if i do all the legwork. just a one way to florida.
boatofcar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Young FRANKenstein wrote:

I went through Hana Tour. They were able to provide both air and hotel for me, but not JR Rail. Not bad as a one-stop-shop, but the hotel they got for me is a bit on the out-of-the-way side. At least 20 minute walk from Shinjuku station. Not bad for a stroll around the neighbourhood, but hell when lugging your suitcases around.

Does Hana Tour have an English website for anything other than their Korean Tours?
Gary-Korea

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone recommend a good English speaking travel agency in Suwon? A friend and I need to sort flights and visa's for China next month.

Thanks in advance
NightSky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robot_Teacher wrote:
Any questions about May 1 through May 5th results in, "opseyo," for all flights and all airlines immediately upon telling them the date. There isn't enough air services serving Korea. Shoot, in US and Europe, you can get it all the way up to the morning of a flight, just cost more if it's Christmas or Thanksgiving morning or day before; last minute. Other times, I got cheap last minute flights such as for college Spring break. They just don't have the inventory and volumn of air service serving Korea like we're accustomed to. 4 days before is not last minute, but it's short notice. If service is available, it's sold to you when you demand it regardless of short notice.

don't know if I just have unreasonable requests, but almost all the travel agents I've contacted in the last week (most recommended here) have been spectacularly unhelpful. Rolling Eyes they don't really seem interested in doing their jobs. they tell me to check their website. or they construct fantastical travel itineraries with fifteen stopovers in the US and Tokyo all for a ridiculous price. what's up with that?
ovrproof

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I was wondering which travel agency you recommend??

I am trying to go to Japan for cheapest possible. I'd be flying to tokyo from Busan....

anyways, i have been looking at different posts but i'm not too sure which ones are worth while because there have been conflicting stories, which is understandable. Anyways, I just want some more personal experiences.....and which travel agency is the cheapest flight wise and visas. Thank you !!!
ovrproof

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone could help PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Some of these stupid websites don't work...like when i want to look for a one way flight it doesn't have any info! grrr[/code]
karmarooster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovrproof wrote:
If anyone could help PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Some of these stupid websites don't work...like when i want to look for a one way flight it doesn't have any info! grrr

I want to second a recommendation for Soho Travel. I emailed them with a request for prices for tickets to Thailand and USA, and got a response in 1 hr 30 min. I haven't spoken on the phone, but the English in the email is nearly perfect.

Round Trip Korea to Thailand November and December: 556,000 including tax.

One way Korea to Rochester, NY in December: 798,000 including tax.

Also included in the email response:
Quote:
However, if you don't mind waiting a week or so, Thai Airways will announce the new fare for November and it may be cheaper than Cathay Pacific.

email: [email protected]
tel: 02-322-1713

Physical office is near Hongik subway stop. You can also pay via bank transfer.

This has been so much easier than my internet searching with the help of my korean secretary. A+ recommendation.
SpedEd

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: shoestring travel agency Reply with quote

I dealt with these folks located in Mapo-gu Seoul last evening and I wasn't impressed with their lackluster service. The agent seemed indifferent and lacked a lot of knowledge re. acquiring a Chinese tourist visa; their service would have been slow if I decided to go through with it with them. I discovered they are just intermediaries between another agency in Seoul that is supposed to have closer workings with C-immigration offices. I'll be trying to get one with the other agency instead.
miiooan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmarooster wrote:

I want to second a recommendation for Soho Travel.....

email: [email protected]
tel: 02-322-1713

Physical office is near Hongik subway stop. You can also pay via bank transfer.

This has been so much easier than my internet searching with the help of my korean secretary. A+ recommendation.

The folks at Soho helped me out a lot as well. I've used them twice, and I prefer using them over the other travel agents I've used.

I've also used Kangsan without any hassle, although I recommend calling or visiting the offices of Korean travel agents if you're in a hurry (reply to Cerriowen's post.)

Don't forget that you can also book through US websites for travel to the US. My favorite is kayak.com, although I also check mobissimo.com and vayama.com.
pzebra

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another recommendation for Soho travel. In the summer, they held my reservation for a whole week, 2 weeks prior to the flight. Also, like a dummy, I sent them extra money for tax even though it was already included in their quote. They wired the extra money back the next day. Very good english as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: