Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Travel Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freebeerandchicken

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone have info for a place called NOBLE TRAVEL? (phone #?)
jajdude

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger Beer wrote:
http://www.whypaymore.co.kr/

303,000 to bangkok.. not bad!

Including tax? Damn maybe I should have gone there for a night instead of Japan....

(just needed to get out)
hadeshorn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im gonna start booking tickets tonight from that whypaymore place.
Harpeau

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went over to Shoestring Travel yesterday. My god, they were phenomenal! Totally professional, listened to what we wanted to do and did an awesome job of getting us lots of possibilities and a decent price. For a moment, I felt like I was transported back to Canada. No more dingbat/paboe at flatop travel for me. Should have gone to Shoostring ages ago. I'm sold!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
JZer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I justed booked a flight to Thailand with Kangsan travel. Two thumbs up for Tina. Her English was great and I received the ticket in the mail the next day. Very Happy
xCustomx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend WhyPayMore. They were 100,000 cheaper than Kangsan, and 150,000 cheaper than everone else on the list of travel agents. This was for a RT ticket to Seattle
just because

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also recommend highly www.whypaymore.com

Another one i recommend is only for guys living in Tokyo, a bit obscure i know but you never know, you may get stuck there or some of you might move to Tokyo...

www.no1-travel.com

Speak english and never a problem and 3 offices in Tokyo
happygirl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacky at Gangsan Travel has been outstanding. The 3 other agents I checked with wanted more $$$ with 2 or 3 plane changes. Jacky found a ticket for less $ with 1 stop and was able to book me aisle seats on both flights.

I had some changes that could have been difficult. She had no problem taking care of everything. She's as professional as I've ever worked with. We mainly communicate by email. That's good for me. I like the paper trail and we don't have to keep trying to catch each other.

I'm using her when I come back in September!
Dr. Buck

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kangsan is unprofessional. I called for a reservation and a price, a simple thing and they promised to send an email. After three days--nothing. I followed up with a phone call and the person in charge is out of the office.

Shabby service. Overrated on this board.
Dr. Buck

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The follow-up phone call to Kangsan travel did nothing. Still no response after two days. What a bunch of jackasses--Busan slackers. Standard service for the shabby city by the bay. Just called Xanadu Travel in Seoul. Found me a flight in five minutes for a reasonable price. Five minutes after that, a text message pops into my cell phone saying that my flight details were just sent to my email address. One minute later, I check my email and all is set.
just because

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Buck wrote:
Kangsan is unprofessional. I called for a reservation and a price, a simple thing and they promised to send an email. After three days--nothing. I followed up with a phone call and the person in charge is out of the office.

Shabby service. Overrated on this board.

I have to agree....I just dealt with kangsan for a ticket to Australia and it took them 3 days to email me back.
When they did they didn't give me a ticket that was suitable for me so i rang them and they told me there were no other seats available...but they would see what they could do...

The next day i rang whypaymore and they organized 2 seats(for myself and my girlfriend) that minute on the airline and dates we wanted(Kangsan said it would be impossible) and for 200 000 won cheaper than what kangsan were offering me....

I know most travel agencies are discounters but to tell me there is no more tickets just because they didn't have any was unprofessional i though...

So I am another one who think kangsan are overrated. Whypaymore were awesome and I will be using them all the time now..

BTW...funnily i got an email back from them 2 days ago, 3 weeks after my phone call asking em of they should book the tickets, even though i had already departed(i moved forward my departing date). I told them throught their bad service they had lost a customer...

I still would use Kangsan to check it out but their service was not good and there are much cheaper deals elsewhere
freebeerandchicken

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried WhyPayMore, unsuccessfully.

The phone number listed in this thread seems to be their fax line. So I went to the website and found this number at the bottom of the page: 02-1577-1245. Called that, pressed "3" in the automated directory, which is for Asian flights. Got transfered to a lady..

"Anyang haseo, um, english service?"

The first time, without reply she transfered me to another line and the phone rang for 2 minutes before cutting me out.

The 2nd time, she had no idea what I was talking about and hung up on me.

Dang.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freebeerandchicken wrote:
Just tried WhyPayMore, unsuccessfully.

The phone number listed in this thread seems to be their fax line. So I went to the website and found this number at the bottom of the page: 02-1577-1245. Called that, pressed "3" in the automated directory, which is for Asian flights. Got transfered to a lady..

"Anyang haseo, um, english service?"

The first time, without reply she transfered me to another line and the phone rang for 2 minutes before cutting me out.

The 2nd time, she had no idea what I was talking about and hung up on me.

Dang.

Try again in the morning - as in before the lunch break. After 4 the odds of getting an English speaker are thin (they are busy or gone home). Lunch can very from 12-2. Better yet, if you can, pop into their office or get your co-worker to assist you. They really are pretty helpful.
Speakerz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they speak english at whypaymore.co.kr? Or should I get a friend who speaks korean to call?
wuzza

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why pay more are very good for price, but it can be trial and error as regards English service. Stick with it though, and you do get the best prices.
If you can read Korean, then their website will give you a good idea of what to expect regarding price and availability before you call.

I had dealings with Zenith this past week, where they basically scr*wed me over. I wanted a flight and hotel package. I was very clear on it, and a perfect intinerary was sent to my email.
When I called to pay, I spoke to another girl who put me (and partner) on a group tour with loads of other korean couples where we had no say in where we went or what we did.
I find this out the day before we travel, cancelled it, and Zenith refused to pay the cancellation fees so I was out of pocket 300,000 (20%) for their mistake.

To add insult to injury Mr. Kang was arrogant and rude on the phone, not even slightly apologetic.

As there are enough good travel agents out there, you shouldn't ever have to go near Zenith.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: