Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Travel Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
d503

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I was just looking at the whypay more website, is there a way to check actual day/date prices not just the price for the month
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
iDarryl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Beware Zed Travel! Reply with quote

Beware of ZED Travel!

When planning my visa run in preparation for my current job I ended up booking a plane ticket to Fukuoka with Zed Travel in Itaewon. They were a little more expensive than some of their competitors, but they were the only company to actually call the Embassy in Fukuoka to make sure they would be open, since I would be going over there during the Chusok Holiday week. I had a slightly bad feeling about dealing with Zed from the start, but I decided to book anyways. I paid with my credit card mostly because they wanted me to pay with cash (cash is not a good thing when you are uncomfortable to begin with...). They gave me the ticket folder and the owner said that was all I needed, I could just show the piece of paper to the ticket people at the airport and everything would be fine. I made sure to clarify that this piece of paper, not an e-ticket, was all that I was needing and he said it would be fine. So I left for the 30min trip back to my apartment from Itaewon. When I got home they were calling me asking me to come back, something had happened and they were worried that they would not get the money from the credit card, seems they should have processed it on their other machine. Ridiculous mistake if you ask me, but I wasn't working then so I agreed to go back the next day, slightly unhappy. Despite telling them when I would arrive, the owner was not around so one of his trainees helped me. After a long, long time, they finally told me that they had cancelled my previous transaction and ticket, and subsequently booked a new ticket for me, along with a new transaction on my card. I made sure to ask them if they had cancelled the previous transaction and they assured me that they had. So I left once again, a new piece of paper in my hands hoping that this would be the last problem I would have to deal with.

A couple days later I was off to my early morning flight from ICN to FKK. I get to the airport and go through the baggage check process and, after they had taken my baggage, ask for my ticket. So I gave them them the piece of paper Zed had given me and they look at me again and ask for my ticket. I explained to them that this was my ticket, or at least it was the ticket my travel agent had given me. Nope. Not a ticket, just a seat reservation, no proof of purchase. So they asked me to go see another person. The next person told me to go and see my travel agent (despite it being about an hour till departure now). So I went and talked to someone else who said that she would look into it and, in the meantime, gave me a boarding pass. I went through security and everything and waited for the boarding call, anxious to move on from this nightmare, completely pissed at Zed Travel. Boarding time came and I got to the front of the line and they said, ticket please... I explained the situation and was asked to step aside until everyone had been processed. 5 minutes before the flight was scheduled to leave, someone else comes and explains to me the situation. My ticket had not been paid for. Luckily I had my credit card on me and I was able to purchase a ticket directly from the airline. You know that you've been screwed over when the steward who has heard your story tells you to "Go kick some ass" when you get back home.

So I went and did my trip (Fukuoka is a really cool city!) and came back with minimal problems. When I got home, I found an email from Zed asking what had happened with my ticket - somehow they had heard about my mixup. Seems they had booked the ticket under someone else's name for some reason. Not only that, when I checked my credit card statement online, it showed 2 purchases from Zed Travel. Not only did I not get a single ticket from them, I was billed twice for that non-existent ticket. I've been in to see them a number of times, I've called them, I've emailed them and it's always promises and more promises. I don't know how many Monday mornings I have been guaranteed to be paid by, but it's getting ridiculous.

And hear I stand. I don't mind a mistake, but this is getting bloody ridiculous. I fully expect to get my money back and don't feel as though I am getting scammed (in its truest sense). However, I do feel as though I am getting the run around and perhaps some of the worst service imaginable. Therefore, I could think of no better way of getting back at these idiots than to tell my story and, in the process, hopefully save someone an enormous headache. To use a marketing tool - when thinking of Zed Travel in Itaewon, think of being stranded and helpless early in the morning in a busy foreign airport where people don't speak your language enough to understand what's going on.

Darryl
Brocky

Location: DPRGBSK, The Democratic Peoples Republic of Great Britain in South Korea

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way that i can pay for a single ticket in cash? Can I do this at the airport?
ttompatz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

d503 wrote:
Hey I was just looking at the whypay more website, is there a way to check actual day/date prices not just the price for the month

Yup, click the link you want and a list of flights, dates and prices appear. Click the links on each flight for available dates as well as blackouts and extra fees than may not have been included in the posted price.

IF you have a Korean ID you can register and get individual ticket specifics.
JZer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except whypaymore has some downsides. For example they will not let you pay with a debit card!
Roch

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Emmanuel Reply with quote

iDarryl wrote:
Beware of ZED Travel!

When planning my visa run in preparation for my current job I ended up booking a plane ticket to Fukuoka with Zed Travel in Itaewon. They were a little more expensive than some of their competitors, but they were the only company to actually call the Embassy in Fukuoka to make sure they would be open, since I would be going over there during the Chusok Holiday week. I had a slightly bad feeling about dealing with Zed from the start, but I decided to book anyways. I paid with my credit card mostly because they wanted me to pay with cash (cash is not a good thing when you are uncomfortable to begin with...). They gave me the ticket folder and the owner said that was all I needed, I could just show the piece of paper to the ticket people at the airport and everything would be fine. I made sure to clarify that this piece of paper, not an e-ticket, was all that I was needing and he said it would be fine. So I left for the 30min trip back to my apartment from Itaewon. When I got home they were calling me asking me to come back, something had happened and they were worried that they would not get the money from the credit card, seems they should have processed it on their other machine. Ridiculous mistake if you ask me, but I wasn't working then so I agreed to go back the next day, slightly unhappy. Despite telling them when I would arrive, the owner was not around so one of his trainees helped me. After a long, long time, they finally told me that they had cancelled my previous transaction and ticket, and subsequently booked a new ticket for me, along with a new transaction on my card. I made sure to ask them if they had cancelled the previous transaction and they assured me that they had. So I left once again, a new piece of paper in my hands hoping that this would be the last problem I would have to deal with.

A couple days later I was off to my early morning flight from ICN to FKK. I get to the airport and go through the baggage check process and, after they had taken my baggage, ask for my ticket. So I gave them them the piece of paper Zed had given me and they look at me again and ask for my ticket. I explained to them that this was my ticket, or at least it was the ticket my travel agent had given me. Nope. Not a ticket, just a seat reservation, no proof of purchase. So they asked me to go see another person. The next person told me to go and see my travel agent (despite it being about an hour till departure now). So I went and talked to someone else who said that she would look into it and, in the meantime, gave me a boarding pass. I went through security and everything and waited for the boarding call, anxious to move on from this nightmare, completely pissed at Zed Travel. Boarding time came and I got to the front of the line and they said, ticket please... I explained the situation and was asked to step aside until everyone had been processed. 5 minutes before the flight was scheduled to leave, someone else comes and explains to me the situation. My ticket had not been paid for. Luckily I had my credit card on me and I was able to purchase a ticket directly from the airline. You know that you've been screwed over when the steward who has heard your story tells you to "Go kick some ass" when you get back home.

So I went and did my trip (Fukuoka is a really cool city!) and came back with minimal problems. When I got home, I found an email from Zed asking what had happened with my ticket - somehow they had heard about my mixup. Seems they had booked the ticket under someone else's name for some reason. Not only that, when I checked my credit card statement online, it showed 2 purchases from Zed Travel. Not only did I not get a single ticket from them, I was billed twice for that non-existent ticket. I've been in to see them a number of times, I've called them, I've emailed them and it's always promises and more promises. I don't know how many Monday mornings I have been guaranteed to be paid by, but it's getting ridiculous.

And hear I stand. I don't mind a mistake, but this is getting bloody ridiculous. I fully expect to get my money back and don't feel as though I am getting scammed (in its truest sense). However, I do feel as though I am getting the run around and perhaps some of the worst service imaginable. Therefore, I could think of no better way of getting back at these idiots than to tell my story and, in the process, hopefully save someone an enormous headache. To use a marketing tool - when thinking of Zed Travel in Itaewon, think of being stranded and helpless early in the morning in a busy foreign airport where people don't speak your language enough to understand what's going on.

Darryl

You nailed it on the head.
Hope

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darryl
Did you get your money back? How did it all turn out? I've had some pretty bad experiences over the years with travel agents although nothing as bad as you have described. I really can't understand why customer service is so horrendous with regards to travel agents in Korea. Thankfully I've finally found a travel agent I can trust.
Dev

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not very impressed with Zenith Travel.
I booked a ticket over the phone. He send me an email with the price & details.
Next, he asks me to go to his agency to pay for the ticket.
After about an hour's commuting, he quotes me a price 10,000 won more.
Tired, I just decide to pay it.

Nonetheless, I don't trust any business that calls me to come in person and then hikes up the price slightly. Honest mistake? Maybe, but I expect travel agents to be on the ball when money's concerned.

I won't buy from Zenith Travel again. If you use them, watch out for this.
MESL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Beware of ZED Travel!

Darryl

You were scammed. He's done this to a lot of people. The Itaewon police and the Itaewon tourism office has received many complaints about him.
Rteacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The number listed for Top Travel (a very big agency...) should be updated to 02-738-3563. Kang Sung-Eun speaks English well and usually finds the cheapest prices in my experience, having book flights through her four times (not always the best seat, though...)
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you get whypaymore.com in english?!?!?
Toon Army

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JacktheCat wrote:

WhyPayMore 02-318-5115 www.whypaymore.co.kr

Tried to register for a ID through the site but I think only Korean nationals can? Or am i wrong? My hangul aint that great
JZer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toon Army, not to mention that whypaymore will not let you pay with even a Korean debit card. You have to transfer the money. That is a sham!!!

Last edited by JZer on Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dev wrote:
I am not very impressed with Zenith Travel.
I booked a ticket over the phone. He send me an email with the price & details.
Next, he asks me to go to his agency to pay for the ticket.
After about an hour's commuting, he quotes me a price 10,000 won more.
Tired, I just decide to pay it.

Nonetheless, I don't trust any business that calls me to come in person and then hikes up the price slightly. Honest mistake? Maybe, but I expect travel agents to be on the ball when money's concerned.

I won't buy from Zenith Travel again. If you use them, watch out for this.

Hate to agree with Dev, but Zenith hasn't been very helpful over the past week--giving conflicting information, etc. No major harm done, but I'm not impressed.
Toon Army

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone used kises travel (AKA: STA Travel as it's known in most places around the world) here in Seoul?

How do they usually compare on airline ticket prices?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: