Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Care to get Rove fired?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mithridates

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Care to get Rove fired? Reply with quote

Ha, not that it's going to work. John Kerry asked me to sign the petition but I'm not American. 300,000 so far.

http://www.johnkerry.com/firerove
mithridates

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that John Kerry. I'm suddenly having flashbacks of the election.

And other flashbacks. I suddenly remembered a septuplet I read back in Jr. high this morning for no reason.
Bulsajo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best thing that could've happened to Rove right now is having Kerry spearhead the campaign for your removal.
I almost wonder if Rove didn't pay him to do it.
joe_doufu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Care to get Rove fired? Reply with quote

mithridates wrote:
Ha, not that it's going to work. John Kerry asked me to sign the petition but I'm not American. 300,000 so far.
http://www.johnkerry.com/firerove

Man, John Kerry is in denial. I just looked at his website again for the first time in a year. He features a whole list of "presidential" decisions that he would make if he were in charge. Fire Karl Rove. This Is The Speech The President Should Make. Nominate My Choice For Supreme Court.
Ya-ta Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is SUCH a stupid thing for Kerry to do that I have to wonder if it is real. Could it be a phony?
mithridates

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, it's real. Third call for signatures too.
dogbert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall a petition in support of his hiring in the first place.
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Good point.
The Bobster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bulsajo wrote:
Best thing that could've happened to Rove right now is having Kerry spearhead the campaign for your removal.
I almost wonder if Rove didn't pay him to do it.

At first glance I did think there was some wisdom in this comment. However, consider ...

The Elephant Party has been claiming all along that anything the Democrats do - from opposing Bolton to wishing to be consulting on Supreme nominations to this Karl Rove scandal - that all of it, and anything else the Dems do, can best be seen as "partisan." The implication is that nothing they themselfves do is ... and the real problem with that, you know what it is?

The Karl Rove scandal is about nothing ELSE besides partisanship - and it is about such extreme partisanship that this high-ranking White House staffer was willing to compromise national security and the personal safety of a member of our intelligence community merely in order to discredit a voice within our own govt critical of the policies of that govt. There is nothing about what Rove did that was anything but "partisan."

The GOP can shout all they want, and so can anyone else - fact is, kerry is the perfect guyy for this job. He is aware he will not be given another chance to fail against a Republican presidential candidate, and if he lends his face and name to this it means that other more promising candidates in '08 can watch from the dielines and use whatever gets stirred up, and use the muck that gets stirred to everyone's advantage.

The Democrats have minority status in both houses and no representation at all in the White house, nor any much clout to get anything they want done - the Party In Power will paint them as weak for doing anything than can be done to oppose them, but the Rove scandal ...

This could well turn out to be the Monica Lewinsky everyone was hoping for. Lying about a bj? Not much compared to the kind of criminal malseasance that has words like "treason" attached to it ...

However, I suppose the important question is whether the import of it all can be explained sufficiently well that NASCAR Dad can get his mind around it.
Joo Rip Gwa Rhhee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Karl Rove scandal is about nothing ELSE besides partisanship - and it is about such extreme partisanship that this high-ranking White House staffer was willing to compromise national security and the personal safety of a member of our intelligence community merely in order to discredit a voice within our own govt critical of the policies of that govt. There is nothing about what Rove did that was anything but "partisan."

How did it compromise US natl security?

Did she do undercover work?
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She has in the past. Let's say she wasn't during that instance in Africa just for argument's sake. The point is she was. Who knew she was? Some who had security clearances, no one else. She was a spy at one point. Think of the people she got info from back in the day. Perhaps they were put at risk thanks to her exposure. Unlikely, but that is not for Rove to decide. He had no idea what her CIA background was, and had no idea if she was still active. Did he even think about the lives he could be putting on the line? No. He was being a self-centered ass. The man is a sociopath who only cares about power and control.
The Bobster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucheon bum wrote:
She has in the past. Let's say she wasn't during that instance in Africa just for argument's sake. The point is she was. Who knew she was? Some who had security clearances, no one else. She was a spy at one point. Think of the people she got info from back in the day. Perhaps they were put at risk thanks to her exposure. Unlikely, but that is not for Rove to decide. He had no idea what her CIA background was, and had no idea if she was still active. Did he even think about the lives he could be putting on the line? No. He was being a self-centered ass. The man is a sociopath who only cares about power and control.

One of those moments when I can say the word "Exactly," and hope that people can understand that this is what I was getting at all along.
Bulsajo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it won't come as a shock, but ditto on that 'exactly'.

It's wierd how all the articles that proclaim this to be a liberal media witchhunt manage to miss this point.
Ya-ta Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I caught part of a report saying a letter has been leaked confirming Plume had been covert at one time. Haven't seen anything on the internet to get the details I missed. Hope the media gets back to work and leave the Roberts story alone until there is something to actually report.
some waygug-in

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does this affect national security?

Well, if you consider just Valerie Plame, it doesn't seem to be much, but the fact remains that if she indeed was a spy at some point, (and that does indeed seem to be true) this affects not only her but anyone she had contact with. Who knows how many secret agents were compromised because of this partisan stupidity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: