Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Real women have real curves." agree or disagree
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

"Real women have real curves." Agree or Disagree
1. Agree
66%
 66%  [ 33 ]
2. Disagree
34%
 34%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 50

flakfizer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to a study I saw on Discovery, men around the world are most attracted to women with a waist to hips ratio of roughly 7:10.
Apple Scruff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disagree. Fat chicks are gross.
Gopher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely. I want a pair, not a pear.
whatthefunk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought that real women had somehting else.... This one time, in Thailand, I picked up this girl at the bar, but then when I got her into bed and...
The Bobster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat girls are fun sometmes ... heck, most of the time.

They have a little more passion because of the fact that most guys are shallow guys, so they don't gey to spend the normal allotment of passion that most humans are granted.

They are sometimes smart and often funny. This might be a comparative thing, however, since women who are born cute through no effort of their own have less need to develop their minds or their wit. You wanna have a boring dinner conversation fellas? Take out that ravishingly perfect lady the other guys are fantasizing about. Since she was 3 years old she has been told in many ways that she does not need to be smart, or interesting, or even kind ... but, hey, she sure looks goof on your arm, so be sure to make sure sure all your buddies see you out and about together ...

Last edited by The Bobster on Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
kermo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree, because "real women" simply don't all have curves. I think it's offensive to imply that slender (or skinny) women aren't "real". Nobody likes to hear a girl complain that her clothes are falling off or that she's flat-chested, but that's her reality, and sometimes a diet of doughnuts is not going to sort it out.
Butterfly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skinny birds are alright as well. I love 'em all.
ChimpumCallao

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont like that the term "curves" has been use to decribe "fat"

curves is more body type than weight. there are some people that are very skinny, but have small waists, big hips, and some T&A.

Some of the broads ive known excuse their extra flab for curves, are all gut with big sagging boobs and a wide flat butt. NOT CURVY!

of course there alre also many bigger chicks that are curvy, and many skinny girls that are not. It's all about the body type, not about how much one weighs.

curves and extra meat are mutually exclusive, me thinks.
Real Reality

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kermo wrote:
I disagree, because "real women" simply don't all have curves. I think it's offensive to imply that slender (or skinny) women aren't "real". Nobody likes to hear a girl complain that her clothes are falling off or that she's flat-chested, but that's her reality, and sometimes a diet of doughnuts is not going to sort it out.

Exactly.
excitinghead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I saw the thread title I too didn't think it meant "fat" but thought more "hourglass" figure instead, and it reminded me of a article about it in New Scientist magazine I read recently that everyone might find interesting. Here it is:

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn4953

For those of who don't want to read it yourself, or want an intro, it bascially says that there's a good biological reason for the apparently almost universal male interest in women with hourglass figures. The researchers were suprised to find that...er..."hourglass women" I'll call them I guess...at the peak of their menstrual cycle had 37% higher hormones than average. Which works out to meaning that they're 3 times more likely to get pregnant then (the level varies over the cycle). More likely to get pregnant=more attractive, subconsciously at least! Laughing

The last thing I want to do is say that all other kinds of women aren't "real" or can't be or shouldn't feel sexy or anything, or that guys don't find all types attractive. I have to admit though, that child-bearing hips etc. etc. do it for me personally, and especially since I came to Korea with so many thin women everywhere, everyday I see women that I think are attractive but can't imagine having a sexual relationship let alone have kids with, because they'd be pretty androgynous underneath.

Haven't said anything to offend anyone have I? I'm a newbie, please be gentle... Very Happy
julian_w

Location: Somewhere beyond Middle Peak Hotel, north of Middle Earth, and well away from the Middle of the Road

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Fresh findings..? Reply with quote

Just discovered this whole clever new approach to marketing by Dove for the first time myself.

Having had a bit of a look at the actual findings the most immediately fascinating thing for me was how different the responses in Japan were to every other nation.

http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.com.au/in-the-news/AU_global_report_full.pdf

Also I wondered how this would go down in Korea. Would Korean women's responses be more akin to the other nations', or to those from Japan?

What do you think?

Anyone here ever produce any anecdotal evidence from school studies or bar-stool interviews?
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is proof that the moderators haven't cleaned up the archives in a loooong time.
kabrams

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...how do curves = fat again?

I think Beyonce, J-Lo, Jessica Alba, Heidi Klum and others would have a huge problem with that, lol.
Rusty Shackleford

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kabrams wrote:

I think Beyonce, J-Lo, Jessica Alba, Heidi Klum and others would have a huge problem with that, lol.

The people in your examples aren't overweight. I think others in this thread were referring to overweight women who claim they are "curvy" rather than just overweight.
Sergio Stefanuto

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kabrams wrote:

'Curves' is a euphemism.

When a woman describes herself as curvy, you know she's not saying "my body is like Beyonce's". She's in fact saying "I could do with losing at least 14 pounds".

Doesn't matter at all. Big girls can be very sexy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: