Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What would you do?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I_Am_Wrong

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: What would you do? Reply with quote

I have from next Friday until next Tuesday off of work and I made plans to go to Osaka for the holiday. Last night, I sprained my ankle pretty bad and now I have a splint on it and am walking with crutches. The doctor said about one week before it starts feeling better and they told me no Japan trip.

However, I'm thinking about going anyways. It's a tough call really because I've had lots of ankle injuries in the past and I've always recovered from them relatively quickly. The tickets are booked for Friday morning but not paid for. Should I risk it? I could pay for it and my foot might be fine but, on the otherhand, maybe I won't be able to walk......
sadsac

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Japan can be a tough place to get around. With a bung ankle, I would defer it and rest. There'll be other opportunities. Smile
fidel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a wild thought but "HOW ABOUT YOU MAKE UP YOUR OWN DAMN MIND!"

Peace!
I_Am_Wrong

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe other people have had past injuries similar to mine and can relate and offer advice based on their experiences. dont' be an a.s.s.
waterbaby

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How bad is the sprain? I sprained my ankle at TKD once and tore 3 ligaments... I was in a cast for about 3 weeks and on crutches for about 4 and was unable to get around easily for about 6 weeks and I didn't return to training for about 8 weeks.

At first I thought the doctor was grossly overreacting (had a few sprains before also) and thought I'd be alright within a week, but I wasn't Sad It didn't hurt anymore, but my foot just didn't "work" properly.

How long do you have to have the splint on? What kind of damage have you done to your ankle?

The hardest thing would be getting around on crutches - urgh! my arms killed after a while - hills were the worst. I can't imagine having an enjoyable time hobbling around Japan.

And don't forget that feet swell on an airplane... that could be rather unpleasant.

If I were you, I'd give some serious consideration to taking the money you were going to spend in Japan (and hey, it's not like Japan's going anywhere) and lash out on a nice yeogwan or hotel with a spa bath and all the trimmings and relax and let your body heal Very Happy
denverdeath

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget there's another long weekend coming up the first weekend in October. Granted, it's only three days but you might be in better shape by that time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: