Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All natural protein powder/supplements/food - CHEAP SHIPPING
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Epuhnee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: All natural protein powder/supplements/food - CHEAP SHIPPING Reply with quote

I found a site where you can order grocery/health food items to South Korea for a flat rate shipping price of just $4.00 (tracking number provided), regardless of how much you order with a limit of up to 15lbs!!

UPDATE 2/07/2013 - Shipping now starts at $4.00 and is $1 per pound after that but they have free shipping sales quite often.

Check it out: http://www.iherb.com/
iHerb is your natural supermarket with over 35,000 products in stock -- all discounted at up to 80% off retail prices.

They sell all different spices, baking aids, coffee, sweeteners, rice, cereals, almond butter, jams, chips, crackers and soups. Huge selection of protein powder, protein bars & supplements. They also sell tons of different vitamins, home and beauty products as well. Basically any non perishable grocery item you would find in a grocery store back home. Oh, and they just started selling Sriracha hot sauce (the real stuff with the rooster), sambal oelek and almond milk! Plus, they have a huge selection of gluten free items as well.

You can use this DISCOUNT CODE: KUJ012 and get $5.00 off your first order or $10.00 off your first order of $40 or more. This coupon code works for first time customers only and never expires. No minimum purchase.

Direct Korean Postal is a safe and fast delivery option through the Korean Postal Service and is a flat fee of $4.00.
Takes 4-7 business days; with tracking number
Orders up to $105.00; Limited to 15 lbs per order

-or-

Global Priority Mail by DHL (formerly called International Airmail) is a flat fee of $4.00 for orders over $40! This option applies to orders valued up to $80.00 and weighing no more than 4 lbs. The average delivery time 14 days. Although reliable, this method provides no tracking number and is non-refundable; however, chances are you will pay no customs import taxes.

RESTRICTIONS:
-Supplements containing Icarrin, Yohimbe, Hoodia, Melatonin, Enchinacea are not allowed to be imported into Korea.
-Pet related products may be held by Korean customs. Please check with customs before ordering any pet-related items.
-Dried fruits and nuts may have delays in delivery time to Korea; customs myy hold the items for unspecified days.
-It is important for you to become familiar with customs policies for your specific country before ordering.

Note: Packages that are less than 150,000won (including delivery fee) will not be charged any duty per the korean customs website.

Plus, you will receive an additional 5-10% discount if your order total is $60.00 or more. You will see this extra discount in the shopping cart, after you have signed in to your account.

Don't forget to take a look at their free products and samples before you check out. You get one free product per order.

Also, if there is anything you want them to start selling on their site you can go to their facebook page and make a suggestion.

I've made a few suggestions that have actually been met. Popchips was one of them and they just recently informed me that they will soon carry the Peanut Flour that I had suggested also.

Super awesome! So happy I found the site and thought I would share Very Happy

Last edited by Epuhnee on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:58 am; edited 31 times in total
ghettofabulous

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I buy stuff from there too. It's awesome. Really fast delivery too. Does anyone know for sure what the value of goods being shipped in can be before customs will tax it? I heard $30 awhile ago, but I'm not sure about that.
Epuhnee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I read somewhere a while back that it was $120 - please someone correct me if I'm wrong cause my order is going to be over $30 for sure.
plynx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poukum wrote:
I thought I read somewhere a while back that it was $120 - please someone correct me if I'm wrong cause my order is going to be over $30 for sure.

i think it's around $150. i love iherb! i've been ordering form them for a while now - they're really reliable and the service is cheap Very Happy great recommendation!
uklathemock

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghettofabulous wrote:
Yeah, I buy stuff from there too. It's awesome. Really fast delivery too. Does anyone know for sure what the value of goods being shipped in can be before customs will tax it? I heard $30 awhile ago, but I'm not sure about that.

It's $150, but that includes the shipping cost. I had a shipment from bodybuilding.com held up and had to pay duties. T.T
NYC_Gal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not $150, but 150,000 won, which is more like $120. It does include shipping cost.
noright85

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:32 am    Post subject: Question Reply with quote

Can you guys recommend some Whey Protein? I bought GNC at E-Mart for $120,000... However, it's 2200g.

Next time, what should I look at buying?
spindiesel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow thanks so much for the tip! far easier than trying to go through speedns or some other site in korean!
Epuhnee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ you're very welcome. I ended up getting my package just 5 days after ordering (using the CJ GLS shipping method) and also got a call from customs asking for my foreign registration number. I'm very pleased with the service and most of the products. The protein powder I ordered does not taste very good.

@noright85 - if you're planning on buying whey protein from iHerb, do not order the MRM dutch chocolate whey protein powder. It has a bad chemical after taste. Ugh it tastes horrible which is odd cause the reviews I read were all good. It could be that I'm not used to all natural whey protein. I usually use Dynawhey from Canada.

I've heard that the Designer Whey protein is good though. I'll be ordering that next time.
uklathemock

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Question Reply with quote

noright85 wrote:
Can you guys recommend some Whey Protein? I bought GNC at E-Mart for $120,000... However, it's 2200g.

Next time, what should I look at buying?

I bought 4,712 grams of ON Whey in Namdaemun for about 80,000.
winterfall

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW THANKS!!!! I just ordered stuff from amazon and the shipping was horrendous.
Dutchtouch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winterfall, If you're serious about weight training the best bet are the 10lb bags of Optimum Nutritions 100% whey.
They have tones of great flavors and are the #1 ranked protein supplement around.
winterfall

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want protein. Don't do weight training. I need energy bars for long distance high endurance activities: cycling, hiking, backpacking (Ultra-low budget). Cliff bars taste good but I need more energy than that.

I really like the Detour oatmeal bars, they're a bit heavier and taste like crap but, they're cheap, don't melt and they're loaded with carbs, 50+ grams and digest pretty fast.

Bars are a lot heavier than powder, the shipping costs on them eat you alive.
Sl300a

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dutchtouch wrote:
Winterfall, If you're serious about weight training the best bet are the 10lb bags of Optimum Nutritions 100% whey.
They have tones of great flavors and are the #1 ranked protein supplement around.

Do you know the best place to grab a 10lb bag? I've been looking but Im not sure where to get it from.
Dutchtouch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you in Seoul? I know they sell them mat Namdaemun Market somewhere, but I order all of my supplements from speedns.co.kr
The site is in Korea but you don't need a Korean ID to use it. It ships SUPER fast from California with a flat 10,000won shipping fee.
I bought two 10lbs bags and a bunch of other stuff last month and it was here within 4 days and no extra costs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: