Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Car Inspection Time, anyone with modified/customized cars??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oatmeal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:37 pm    Post subject: Car Inspection Time, anyone with modified/customized cars?? Reply with quote

So car inspection time is here again (every 2 years).
I have a mostly stock car (not turbocharged or lowered or anything like that). I just have a few exterior modifications like LED side mirror turning lights and LED rear bumper lights and yellow foglamps.

2 years ago, when I went in for the inspection, they wouldn't pass me because of those things. I'd have to get them all uninstalled or put back the stock OEM parts. But I was able to get a free pass thanks to a friend who worked for an employer who had connections with one of the inspection centers.

This time, doesn't look like they can do it for me again. Does anyone else out there know of any places/people that can help pass the inspection for things like this?

There's nothing wrong with the car when it comes to emissions or condition of the car (all works well, under 50k km), but it seems like they have strict rules about changing lights, changing any exterior parts that was not original/stock with the car.

Also, what happens if I decide to just pay the penalty fine maximum of 300,000 won? Does that mean I can still drive my car? Is the 300,000 max fine basically just a financial thing or would my car become illegal to drive around / repossessed / repoed or whatnot?

I almost think if I can just pay 300,000 to get a pass, I'd rather just do that. It would cost me more than 300,000 to get all the parts uninstalled again and then re-install it after the inspection.
thrylos

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask your mechanic if he will get it to pass inspection.

I knew I had an emissions problem, but didn't want to pay to get it fixed before inspection, as I was going to be away for some time. My mechanic took it in and I passed. Changed exhaust and filters 6 months after inspection.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: