Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where can I find garlic tablets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 4:54 pm    Post subject: Where can I find garlic tablets Reply with quote

I need garlic tablets to help me with slightly high bood pressure. I brought some back from New York, but I have run out. Anyone know where I can get some?
ajuma

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 6:46 am    Post subject: Garlic tablets??? Reply with quote

You must not be eating enough Korean food if you still feel that you need garlic tabs!
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Where can I find garlic tablets Reply with quote

I actually enjoy Korean food, and I think it's very healthy. Unfortunately it's difficult to eat raw garlic which I know would help me with my problem.
I tried buying cloves of garlic from the market, and cooking them, but cooking takes out all the nourishment. I like the vinegar garlic too, but that's treated garlic , and the nourishment 's gone from that as well.
So please tell me how can I eat raw garlic without it burning out my mouth.
The tablets I had were concentrated garlic mixtures, and they were very effective. I'm sure Korea has the equivalent somewhere, but where.
Blue Flower

Location: The realisation that I only have to endure two more weeks in this filthy, perverted, nasty place!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about crushing the garlic, and mixing it with honey? My friend used to take that when she thought she might be coming down with something. I think the honey hides some of the strength of the garlic, and makes it more palatable. But please, in respect of your co-workers, eat some fresh parsley afterwards!!!
LiquidSunshine

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u can get garlic tablets in korea. my hagwon director gave a whole bunch of "broiled garlic pills" a few weeks back. i'm guessing you can get them at a local pharmacy.

it says..."gou oun to jong ma neul hoan" on the container. i hope this helps. i don't even know if it's the same tihng you are looking for. but it sounds similar to me.
marcy

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sliced a garlic clove in four and then swallowed it like a pill with water, seems to work for me in a pinch. Smile
Medic

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 4:24 am    Post subject: Where can I find garlic tablets Reply with quote

Thanks for your help everyone. I have tracked down the garlic tablets, and I'm now using them. I'm progressing slowly with the garlic, but I'm getting there. I tried the honey and garlic mixture, but I think I need some better honey. Next it's the water and the garlic.
Len8

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: Where can I find garlic tablets Reply with quote

Marcy, how many cloves of garlic do you take in a day? I tried doing it the way you sugested and had no problems. Wish I'd thought of it sooner. Cleared up my cold , and my lethargy right away.
marcy

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I could help Len8. I used to have chronic strep throat, if anyone's ever had strep throat you can imagine what it's like to have it once a month. I got sick of taking penicillin so I started seeking alternative solutions. I discovered that garlic is good for the immune system especially in regards to bacterial infections, so when I felt strep throat approaching I would take .5 - 1 clove every night before bed, (depending on how bad I was willing to let my breath get!), worked like a charm for me too!
Currently I am suffering from crazy insomnia, I am new here and though everything is going well I can't seem to get comfortable enough to sleep. Thus the reason I am on the 'puter so late. Herbal remedies anyone?
Dr. Buck

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raw garlic is the only way to go. If cooking takes out the essential nutrients, then what does the pill processing do? Nothing, just a scam, another health food industry racket.
I have English pills. I sell them to my students for a large profit. They take them and they think they can speak English better.
Raw food is the best and healthiest.
There's a whack of garlic cooking websites on the net. Check them out for help.
Develop a taste for the raw cloves, once you do, you're in garlic lover's paradise.
Drops the pills. Just one more unnecessary expense for you. Get the real stuff at the supermarket on the cheap.
Garlic and red wine. Live large and long.
richinkorea

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Where can I find garlic tablets Reply with quote

Medic wrote:

So please tell me how can I eat raw garlic without it burning out my mouth.

Take the shot of soju FIRST, not after the food. I love raw garlic, the stronger the better. The garlic in Korea (wife says it's called chinese garlic) is stronger than ours ar home. Plus soju cost more in the US.
Len8

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Where can I find garlic tablets Reply with quote

I used to have sleeping problems, in fact I still do now and again. I managed to get hold of a natural herb called "catnip". It's a powder you mix with water, and it knocks you out within minutes. Sometimes though it leaves you tired for a while after you wake up. I got it from the seventh day adventists health food shop in Seoul at Hoegiyon dong. It's in the area of the Hunguk University of Foreign studies.
Blue Flower

Location: The realisation that I only have to endure two more weeks in this filthy, perverted, nasty place!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another herb for insomnia is Valerian - I don't know where you can get if from here, but it is widely available in NZ at health food stores. When I can't sleep i give myself a mini reiki treatment, and i just drop right off.
marcy

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catnip 'eh? Is that the same catnip that sends our feline friends into frenzies, or is this something else? I will check out the valerien, I have never had insomnia so bad before. Even if I do get to sleep I never make it through the night, it's so frustrating!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: