Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting Married in Thailand

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eunoia

Location: In a seedy karakoe bar by the banks of the mighty Bosphorus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Getting Married in Thailand Reply with quote

My gf - fiance - are planning to get married next year in Thailand. Does anyone have any experience in this, does anyone know who to contact (in Korea, in Thailand) to get the paperwork and make the necessary legal arrangements?
mike123_ca

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI

congratuations....
I married my wife in Bangkok last Christmas. Since she is Thai, she only had to prove that she was single and show some Thai govermnent issued id. I'm a Canadian, so I had a bit of running around to do. I e-mailed my embassy in Thailand and they already a list available outlining the required procedures. Call your home embassy in Thailand for further details. If neither party speaks Thai, I would suggest that you find someone that speaks both languages.

Good Luck

Mike
simone

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it two years ago on Samui. Picked it because airport accessibility made for an easy trip for all our folks.

Documentation was pretty easy. A couple of days in BK for paperwork (Cndn Embassy) (It's easiest if you go in together for this - hubby and I tried to do it a week apart... a bit of scrambling became necessary.)

Then in the area, you have to go to the "amphuh" office. It's like the local Gu Cheon. The official will give you a paper to sign, and poof! You each get a copy. I love that I was married in the year 4626, or something like that. (Can't find the marriage certificate at the moment.)

On Samui, a woman named Wanessa who runs the website www.kohsamui.com was INCREDIBLY helpful in arranging everything, the amphuh who came to the beach to do the paperwork at our ceremony, the elephant... videographer.

Also know the entertainment king of Samui. "Paul" at Thaiam Entertainment is the agent for all acts on Samui. Most play at his club on a rotating schedule, but he arranged for a group of acts, sound system, tented changing area.. everything for about 500 bucks. We had more entertainers than actual guests.

One hell of a party. PM me if you need more info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: