Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pension Refund and checking your balance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fallacy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally the top, and skipping the postal workers, last up is a review of the National Pension Service (NPS):

1. minimum age for retirement = 65 years old (since the 2010 reform)
2. reduction rate for payment of pension before the minimum age = **
3. minimum term of service required = 10 years
4. maximum term of service allowed = **
5. pension formula = **
6. adjustment of pension = **

** means I am tired, and will finish this post at a later date. Until then, if you need more information, you can contact the NPS International Center directly by phone at 02-2176-8711~2, and 02-2176-8714~9.
earthquakez

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see this sticky! As a Brit I don't qualify for a Korean Pension lump sum payout or whatever. But as I have a log-in I'd like to ask a question for an Ozzie friend.

He left in 2012 without collecting his refund at the airport. Was given misleading info (probably unintentionally) by a Pension office outside Seoul. Went on vacation to Korea in 2013 to try and collect it - had all his info and Pension card etc but was told as a tourist he couldn't cash out at the airport.

I don't know the details but he has been frustrated trying to get it back as the Ozzie form is biased towards people who have a social security as in welfare number and he doesn't have one. Never had anything from his govt in his life. The Pension office won't give him one won without that number although maybe in 2009 one of his Oz friends got their pension refund without the number.

He's resigned to not getting it back or trying to collect later. It's about 3million won (aus 3,000 bucks) and he's worried the K govt will raid it and keep it if he doesn't do anything for another 4 years. On one hand I think he is accruing interest, on the other hand he and I don't trust govts to do the right thing esp as a waygug out of sight, out of mind is zero to the K authorities.

Any info I can pass to my friend? Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
Page 28 of 28

Jump to: