Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got my F-2-1 today, so...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Holyjoe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is maybe a daft question... but does my missus have to come to the immigration office with me? I realise she's the sponsor and in effect the visa is in her name, but can I go by myself?
She works Mon-Fri and every 2nd Saturday, and seeing as she's just recently taken the day off for us to process the legal marriage then she'll be hard-pressed to take another morning/day off for this.

Can I go along by myself with all the neccessary documents, or is it advisable for her to be there too?
Holyjoe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just picked up my F-2-1 visa today from immigration, 2 weeks exactly from the date we applied so that's not too bad.

Everything was the same as mentioned earlier in this thread with regards documents needed, though as I'm from the UK I didn't need to pay for anything Very Happy
SuperFly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys make me want to quit my job and come back to Korea just to get one of those F-2's. Showed this thread to my wife and she is tempted.
Ryst Helmut

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superfly,

What is that picture of? I have so many of those growing in my backyard.

Shoosh,

Ryst
SuperFly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a Gumalmacious predicablious weed. (White Rhino) - Grows wild on the reservation. Cool

kimcheeking

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pick up my new passport next Monday and then will start the F-2-1 process the next day.
Ryst Helmut

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holyjoe wrote:
Just picked up my F-2-1 visa today from immigration, 2 weeks exactly from the date we applied so that's not too bad.

Everything was the same as mentioned earlier in this thread with regards documents needed, though as I'm from the UK I didn't need to pay for anything Very Happy

Sill took me only 20 minutes to apply and be granted F-2 status.

I will, as promised years ago, put up all pertinent info. (current from immi.) as soon as I get off my lazy asase.

Shoosh,

R yst
Holyjoe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryst Helmut wrote:

Sill took me only 20 minutes to apply and be granted F-2 status.

I will, as promised years ago, put up all pertinent info. (current from immi.) as soon as I get off my lazy asase.

My wife called immigration and they told her it would take 2 weeks to process, so I actually mentioned your post earlier in this thread to her saying that you got the whole shebang done in 20 minutes. She called again and the woman said it wouldn't be possible to do it in that time!
I guess you got lucky with a co-operative immigration guy... although I did get the F-2-1 and the E-2 "renewed" at the same time so maybe that's what added to the time.
kimcheeking

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at immigration this morning. It cost us 50,000 won and I get to pick up my passport in one week. In and out of immigration in less than 10 minutes, very smooth and friendly.
Derrek

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where can I get me one of them there "wives" so's I can gets an F-2 visa like ya'll???

*jealous laugh*
lawyertood

Location: Seoul, Incheon and the World--working undercover for the MOJ

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...not in "Eatyourwon," Derrek....
Ody

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, it seems we're all given our own rules. perhaps it depends on the status of our spouse. i got my residential visa in seoul this past july. maybe it's because my husband possesses an american green card that, to to sponsor me, he had to jump through the financial hoops mentioned in this thread.
Ryst Helmut

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ody wrote:
wow, it seems we're all given our own rules. perhaps it depends on the status of our spouse. i got my residential visa in seoul this past july. maybe it's because my husband possesses an american green card that, to to sponsor me, he had to jump through the financial hoops mentioned in this thread.

Hold up, your husband has an American IV? So he's not an American citizen, and you are (which nationality)? You've been granted for a residential visa ...for which country?

I'm dense, sorry, but your post sounds as though you are talking about US visas, and we (at least, I think) were discussion changing our Korean visa status.

If your husband is Korean, and has gone through the American IV process, in order to emigrate, then ok...I can see you having problems getting F-2 status. I am not in the mood to dig through old posts (I think Seoul trader started it), but one went along the lines that - your husband has now been blacklisted -. Ok, super-over simplification, but (if this is the case) you know ....

As for our own rules? No, just some DENSE officers who will not accept new ways, or just plain schmucks.

Shoosh,

Ryst
Ody

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryst Helmut wrote:
Ody wrote:

....I am not in the mood to dig through old posts (I think Seoul trader started it), but one went along the lines that - your husband has now been blacklisted -. Ok, super-over simplification, but (if this is the case) you know ....

As for our own rules? No, just some DENSE officers who will not accept new ways, or just plain schmucks.

Shoosh,

Ryst

as for your blacklist memory, you may be confusing me with another poster.

i'm a u.s. citizen married to a korean national whom i met in art school in nyc 12 years ago. (he's had his u.s. green card since 1993.) we moved to seoul last year.

i don't post often, but i am a regular here and often contribute to "being an expat raising a family in korea" type threads.

edit: i am reminded of the recent "sleeping on the floor" thread where your comment began something like, "i can't believe nobody's said waterbed!" - when in fact, my post on the prior page had a mention of my waterbed . i guess i'm just curious, what makes a contributor's posts invisible? isn't my puppy cute enough?
Ryst Helmut

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ody wrote:
as for your blacklist memory, you may be confusing me with another poster.

I guess i'm just curious, what makes a contributor's posts invisible? isn't my puppy cute enough?

First, no, I have not confused you with another...I've just poor writing skills to illustrating my point. What I meant about 'blacklist' is that Seoultrader had problems with Korean immigration due to X....I, coincidentally, had problems with immigration the same day. Why? Because my wife had put in her application for emigration (to the US), she had to suffer through several problems with Korean bureaucracy....and this only because she'd changed her passport, and the K-gov took her national ID card. So I thought you may be having the same situation...sorta.

As for remembering past posts...umm, I seldom read posts, but rather skim.....and I rarely remember what other posters post....guess I've always 'tuned' others out, as my poppy always asked, "How many times do I have to tell you..."

Shoosh,

Ryst

Oh, and I often only read the OP, then just jump to the last post and write my response out....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: