Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good hotels for one month

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Good hotels for one month Reply with quote

I'm leaving Seoul at the end of June and my lease runs out at my apartment at the end of May. (long story)

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a half-decent hotel in Itaewon or Chongo that would charge by the month, maybe 450,000 Won?

If not in the above areas, then anywhere central would be helpful.

Cheers, and Yeah it's been a mind blower here! Razz
Lost Seoul

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Accommodation Reply with quote

Cheap accommodation in Seoul:

================================================
http://www.eslcafe.com/korea/index.cgi?read=90137
Try a "study room".
Posted By: Simone
Date: Tuesday, 13 November 2001, at 12:57 a.m.
In Response To: Looking to rent by the day and looking for advice (Travis Towle)
They're called "Koshiwon".
Students rent them for studying in, and they sleep there, too. Tiny little rooms, shared showers, but usually clean and friendly.
Since you'll be surrounded by university students, you'll have no lack of people wanting to take you around and practice their english, once they realize that you're completely helpless. Nice kids, these korean uni students.
Just ask around in any university area. You might even be able to pick up some privates on a temporary basis while you're looking for a job.
I would expect to pay about 200,000 won a month for a teeny room. By the week, maybe 80,000.
Good luck.
Simone
===========================
http://www.eslcafe.com/korea/index.cgi?read=100105
Re: Rented Accommodation under 1.5mill a month
Posted By: theansweryou'relookingfor
Date: Wednesday, 9 January 2002, at 6:21 p.m.
In Response To: Rented Accommodation under 1.5mill a month (Putzi)
Hi
I have a bunch of friends that live in Hae Bang Chon and pay between 500,000 - 700,000 won a month, no key money, for 20 - 30 pyoung places with 2 or 3 bedrooms.
Don't think that living in a hole will save you money. If you aren't comfortable in where you live, you'll always be going out, spending money. Living with your gf, you'll need a 2 bedroom in order to keep a healthy relationship. Trust me.
http://www.eslcafe.com/korea/index.cgi?read=109010
Re: Accommodations upon landing
Posted By: happy lander
Date: Saturday, 23 February 2002, at 9:48 p.m.
In Response To: Accommodations upon landing (kb)
I stayed at the Dae Woo motel, right near the Plaza Hotel downtown, also near Seoul Station (subway) it was clean, safe, and the owner's son speaks English (call him Kim) you can get the directions including which bus to take (605 I believe) from the information desk at Incheon, they'll set everything up for you...you'll take a bus to the Plaza Hotel, and phone the motel from a public phone there, and they'll just trot over and pick you and your baggage up...it costs 35,000 won a night, room includes phone and cable TV...I spent a day or two sleeping off the jet lag and it was great...they're good people. Peace
Try the Dea Wha Motel at 20-17 E Tae Won Dong, Yong San Gu, phone 794 3364. Ask at the tourist information at Itaewon subway station where it is. Rooms are from 15000 to 17000 per night.

http://www.eslcafe.com/korea/index.cgi?noframes;read=132710160573
Korean Job Discussion Forum
Re: dorms, guest houses, and other cheap roofs
Posted By: seoulicious <[email protected]>
Date: Wednesday, 5 February 2003, at 8:01 p.m.
In Response To: dorms, guest houses, and other cheap roofs (dax)
There's an ok place with plenty of room. 2 guys live there semi-permenently but they're cool. Free internet, use of kitchen and laundry. It's 13000/night and a little out of the way (near kyungbok palace). I think the web address is www.excitingkorea.com. Good luck!

================================
http://www.eslcafe.com/korea/index.cgi?noframes;read=132710160591
Korean Job Discussion Forum
Re: dorms, guest houses, and other cheap roofs
Posted By: Derrek
Date: Thursday, 6 February 2003, at 2:34 a.m.
In Response To: dorms, guest houses, and other cheap roofs (dax)
You want to check out "homestay".
Go to the site: www.komestay.com
(yes, with a "k"). I used it and it worked very well for me. It was a great experience being shown around by a korean family, too.... they were nice to me.
rudyflyer

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know of a decent yogwon (the Dong-il) near the seoul hotel and chongjak station, they charge 30,000 won/nite but you should be able to negoitate something. I put a bunch of people there for 3 weeks during the WC and the adjumas cut them a deal
paul

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Lost Seoul....you are an agent of God. Smile

I never imagined there were so many inexpenive, clean and friendly places to stay in Seoul. I will contact some of these places within the next few days.

Thank You!
rickhorton44

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have stayed at Kim's Guest house http://www.kimsguesthouse.com/kimseng/index.htm
for about 3 weeks in March of 2003. It is a family run business, and is a nice place to stay. They have a lot of people coming and going there all the time. I met a lot of nice people when I was there. They have a large Japanese business because Mrs. Kim, speaks English and Japanese. They have 2 types of accomodation, dorm style and single room. They have 2 buildings right next to each other. I would suggest staying there only for a short time. I just stayed there while I was looking for a job.
mb2086

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've stayed at Kim's - Ok for a week but not a month. This place has got to be the best value for one month - double bed, TV (not cable), desk and bookcase, table & chairs, full kithenette and shower room, free use of laundry room and free hi-speed internet access (if you have a laptop). It's also air-con and quiet. However no phone:-

www.gomyhome.net
VanIslander

Location: Geoje, Hadong, Tongyeong,... now in a small coastal island town outside Gyeongsangnamdo!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Korean friend might be willing to have you stay at a local Hotel Mama, er, Adjumma. I've stayed at a Korean friend's place for a weekend and I've been offered one of the rooms to move into. I can think of at least three Koreans I know who are that friendly.

Maybe you could rent a room from a Korean you know. Mention your situation and you might get some offers.

Good luck whatever.
mb2086

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of the motels in and around Jongno have pretty reasonable rates for what you get and are fine for up to about a week or so. You can get an ensuite room with double bed, fridge (two free drinks per day), air con, cable TV, online PC, video player and free movies for about $40 per night. No need to book in advance, just turn up.
guerillera

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are all great tips.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: