Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4 SALE: ibook G4, 3 year warranty, dvd play, cd burner, tgr
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dandoeskorea

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha ha. All this legal jargon is confusing me. I have no argument with you maniitok, never have, and I hope that you're not confusing me with an earlier poster - take a look at my username and avatar to confirm. I'm not the sort who argues over trivial matters like these have seemingly now become. Anyway, I'm guessing that you've now sold your machine, so well done on that. But as a final aside, please look again at my original post. I said that "your prices are wrong", and by doing so implied that you'd made an honest mistake, not that you'd "misrepresented prices - willfully or knowingly". I say this merely so that you don't get the idea that I'm challenging you. I'm not.
maniitok

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: clarifying Reply with quote

thanks for clarifying.. i thought you were the original guy.. i didn't notice the names.

Yeah, most of my listing is incorrect. lol. I put 3.33 processor

no such thing. it's 1.33

The guy at my university says he can pay in 1 month.. I want to sell this. So it is for sale until I get money in my hands.

If you are interested....

I'll sell it without mightymouse and isight for $1100..
I'll sell it for $1200 with mightymouse and isight

i can meet in seoul on weekends

cheers
ell
ipoddan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:37 am    Post subject: Leave the man alone! Reply with quote

Hey, Apples are not popular in Korea. It is an absolute bitch to get an Apple computer in this country. When I tried to my iBook G4 a year ago, it was cheaper for me to buy my computer overseas and ship it here than it was to buy from Apple Korea. I had to pay about $400 dollars for shipping and VAT and I STILL SAVED MONEY.

Why?

In Korea it only came with 256RAM, so I couldn't upgrade. The software wasn't upgraded, so I would have had to buy all recent versions. Microsoft office in America was an upgrade for $79.00. In Korea I would have had to pay $199.00. Final Cut Express was an add on for like $99.99 or something. In Korea it was about $300.00. Applecare is more expensive here. The education discount is only like 5% (In America, it's 15%) and then you have to add the Korean 10% VAT. So...after pondering my options carefully, I told them they could take a flying leap into a kimchi pot.

Oh, the isight in Korea is $150.00 and the mighty mouse is $79.00

The bottomline is...WE ARE IN KOREA AND NOT IN THE STATES. If you have a problem with the price then buy yourself a roundtrip ticket to Japan and TRY to smuggle in a cheaper ibook (oh, they charge you tax there and when you try to get back in, I'm sure that they charge you an higher VAT- 'cause Koreans hate the Japanese.)
The Cosmic Hum

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maniitok originally posted:

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:23 am Post subject: 4 SALE: ibook G4, 3 year warranty, dvd play, cd burner, tgr

Quote:
I bought this Ibook G4 for $1500 at Apple Store, COEX Mall, Korea about 8 months ago.

It has G4 3.33, 1g ram, cd burner, dvd play, OS Tiger (which comes with a wealth of software) and, most importantly, a 3 year warranty!

I'm reselling it for $1000. This is a sweet offer considering It's next to new.

This notebook is in PERFECT condition with no stains, cracks or scratches. It's in perfect working order.

Maniitok then added��note the date and time

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:34 am Post subject: INCLUDING AN ISIGHT VIDEO CAMERA

Quote:
i am including my isight video camera (canon lens, autofocus)

Sarangme is right��bait-and-switch.
You offered the isight video camera with the computer��then took it back.

As for your laws of negotiation...too funny.

Maniitok then wrote:

Quote:
I'm a University prof and I don't have time to remember if I paid $145.99 or $150 or 170��

Then wrote,

Quote:
I'm just too busy to remember exact details. I incorrectly listed the gig but I'm not cheating. I thought it had 1gig. Again, too busy to remember these specifics. Cheating is an attempt to deceive. I had no clue!

I like the part about being a prof and having no time��again, too funny.
You seem to have an inordinate amount of time responded to this joke of a bait-and-switch comedy routine.

As for your��
Quote:
��I had no clue!��
...you still don��t.
maniitok

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: many lies Reply with quote

yes,

i also lied about the processor. I listed it as a 3.33. I thought I could cheap buyers by suggesting I have the only 3.33 apple makes - the only one in the world. Then, after a buyer expressed interest, I would then tell them it's only a 1.33. A classic bait and switch.

Good work,

e
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: