Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Air conditioners

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eener

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: Air conditioners Reply with quote

All-

Does anyone have leads on where to get cheap yet good ACs in the Kangnam area? I was thinking about getting a used one. OR should I just get a new one from Kim's Club or Hi Mart?

OR does anyone have confidence that I can grin it and bear it without an AC this summer?

Thank you in advance!

Sweatin' in Seoul
Hyalucent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took one look at the price of a/cs at the local Carrefour and just about flipped. I ended up walking out with two 18-inch fans instead.

When the heat wave hits I'll likely do the same as I did the last couple of years-- which is to sit back at home, with an icy towel around my neck from the freezer, and suck down popsicles until my eyes water.

Edit: Oh yeah... and one more thing: make sure you replace your bedding with one of those bamboo coverings. Once you get past the splinters, they're a LOT cooler to sleep on.
posco's trumpet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: recycling centers in Kangnam, Seocho Reply with quote

Last edited by posco's trumpet on Sat Dec 06, 2003 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
the_beaver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: recycling centers in Kangnam, Seocho Reply with quote

posco's trumpet wrote:
Western-style in-window units can be as low as 150,000.

I paid 150,00 for my used western-style in-window unit hoping that it would get me through a season or two. This is its fifth summer with me and my friendship with it is second only to my friendship with my computer (I don't get out much).
HardyandTiny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can speak Korean, or if you have a Korean friend, you can find a good deal in the free classified street tabloids that are available in many areas throughout Korea.
I've found the Korean Yellowpages (in English) to be a good source for trade.
www.koreayellowpages.co.kr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: