Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ibook G4, 1.33, 750ram, cd burner, DVD player, isight,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maniitok

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Ibook G4, 1.33, 750ram, cd burner, DVD player, isight, Reply with quote

Selling total package

8 month old Ibook G4 1.33, 750ram, cd burner, DVD player (only), isight, mightymouse, 3 year warrenty, OS Tiger.. everything in perfect working order. Without OS Tiger Disk.

Asking $1100 (including isight and mightymouse)
skconqueror

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was wrong with this thread? Too many contradictions?

http://www.eslcafe.com/forums/korea/viewtopic.php?t=50295
maniitok

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: contradition Reply with quote

a contradiction means saying or doing opposite views or actions. I've said the same thing from the beginning, minus some technical errors. In return, I've been labelled just about everything from a fraud to a deceiver.

The initial outcry was when i raised the price of my computer. I sold it for $1000 and then increased it after I received more than one interested parties. This is totally legit under the freedom of contract (verbal or written), negotiation and fair trade rules. It happens in auctions and legit business negotiations every single day. But the buyer felt I had deceived him with a bait and switch routine (although, the definition of bait-and-switch doesn't fit).

The second outcry came when I listed, incorrectly, my computers stats. For this I was labelled a fraud. I wrote "ibook g4, 3.33, dvd player, cd burner, 1gig ram...."

Later I found my machine only had 750ram and I clarified this. Then the name calling started as a reaction. I told them I had made an honest mistake but they said it was impossible. Afterwards, I explained that apple doesn't even make a 3.33 ibook so I either was trying to deceive buyers into believing I'm selling a stacked ibook that apple doesn't even make, or I'm a computer user that knows little about computers. After I pointed out the ridicuousness of their argument - deceiving people by inventing my own processor -3.33 - I never received a reply (for obvious reasons).

So the biggest controversial move was raising the price of my computer - like I'd broken a buyer/seller trust. Freedom of contract, negotiation and fair trade stiupations renegotiational of new terms, prices within a fair range. I get low bids all the time.

ell
elric

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the new intel laptops and the new imac being almost triple the processing power, this isn't worth more than $500-600. You really can't do anything with this laptop except surf and word process.
maniitok

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: attempt to attack me - further Reply with quote

this is another attack to discredit my listing.

If you want to witness what ibook g4s are going for, go to Ebay.com. Also, keep in mind that we are in korea.. so ibooks are worth more here (and cost more!) than in USA because they are considered "import" items. For example, ibook g4s sold for $700 more here than in USA. (apple.com sold ibook g4 with superdrive for $1000. ibook g4 with only cd burner sold for $1500 - 9 months ago)

I play many shooter games on this ibook g4 and it performs perfect. I play halo which requires accerlated graphic interplay - no problem.

Dave, if you are listening - please end this harrassment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: