Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Osaka bars and cheap dive like hotels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sickboy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:12 am    Post subject: Osaka bars and cheap dive like hotels Reply with quote

Hey, Im heading off to Osaka for the weekend, for a little bit of debauchery and shopping, and general Korea non being here-ness.

Since everyone and their dog goes there for some sort of visa run (I did too - exciting THREE hours) I reckon that some of y'all will know some good places to meet some drunk girls, drink relatively cheaply all with in staggering distance of some cheap flop house where I can rest my weary head for a few hours.

So what you got for me?

Cheers!

-sick
gajackson1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sick ~

Gas Panic in Osaka. That will take care of the alcohol & girls (drink slllooowwwwlllyyy); you are on your own for the room deal, but I'm sure you can figure something out.

Get yen before you go - won isn't worth the paper over there (or U$D or tc's in U$D).

G-Spot
sickboy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Glen... I'll buy you a drink in Hyehwa sometime... lets try out Riverpool! Wink

Where abouts is Gas Panic... is it in the Shinsaibashi or Namba area?

Peace,

-sick
sickboy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get those posts in... leaving in 30 hours... cheers!

Why didn't I think of this before?????

-sick
Pyongshin Sangja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a hotel in Osaka for 2000 yen (W20000) but it had no front desk between 11 pm and 5 am. You were in by 11 or not until 5. Like a monastery or something, with a shared shower and so on which wasn't that bad. The room was sooo small but it had aircon and cable. But still. Cheap. I have no idea where it is, but I got a reservation for it from Time Machine travel at City Hall in Seoul. They have ads in the Herald. It was next to a train station and a rollercoaster in the middle of Osaka. I went to the Pig and Whistle. Draft Sapporo was 1000 yen. Heineken bottles were a bit less. But Kirin king cans were only about 250 yen and ramen and good sake from vending machines were even cheaper. So........
gajackson1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your pm's - I sent some advice along.

PS is referring to a Love Motel setup; C & I almost did that, but we were concerned about in & out stuff - would we be free to come & go as we pleased??? That one I can't answer for you; maybe matko has an answer, if you PM him about it.

Have fun. Also, pick up a Hello Kitty vibrator - they make great souvenirs & coffee table conversation pieces.

G.
rapier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sick, I love osaka- I spent 3 days there by accident last time (idiot boss sent me on a Saturday, the embassy was closed). I found cheap accom quite quickly in the international youth hostel, about 4000y a night if I remember rightly..its in the main park in Osaka..
Incidentally if you have any problems just ask the airport information desk girls, they speak fluent English and know everything..
The Great Wall of Whiner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rapier wrote:

Quote:
they speak fluent English and know everything..

Just like Canadian English teachers.... Wink
rapier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you imagine the cheapest yagwon here is , say, 30.000, times that by 2 to allow for the cheapest bunk bad in osaka. I spent 400.000 won in 3 days in osaka, doing nothing very much..jus sleeping in the cheapest bed and eating the cheapest meals. But the different people, atmosphere and sights made it all worthwhile. i think drinking out there is likewise expensive. in the blocks situated behind the embassy there are plenty of trendy shops, coffee bars, and also massage parlours i noticed. Apparently they deal in magic mushies in all the seedy little dens back there as well.
If you want to chill during the day, the park is great to watch the world go by, plenty of friendly people about .
William Beckerson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand most Love Motels run you between 3000 to 6000 yen per evening, if you can stand the rotating beds...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: