Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For Sale: Tarantula

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McQwaid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: For Sale: Tarantula Reply with quote

I am selling my prize posession because I am returning to Canada. It's an awesome Brazilian Salmon Pink Birdeating Tarantula. They are possibly the 2cd largest spider in the world. Mines half grown at a little less than 2 years old. It has at least 5 or 6 molts left (shedding). They double in size every time which is one of the exciting parts of owning one. This spider is big and it's gonna get a lot bigger!

Anyone who has an interest in science and likes the idea of coming home from a hard days work at the hogwan to feed the savage beast and also see a little nature in action and see what the little critter has been up to, will really enjoy this spider. She is very bold and always sits out in the open. She does all kinds of weird entertaining stuff. The women love her too! They all come over to see "The Spider". Her poison is the equivalent of a bee sting so don't worry about that. Well, maybe a little stronger ... it's feels like a strong 24hr flu. She's slower than you though and she doesn't like to bite.

She will live for about 15 years. They are considered an excellent beginner's spider .... seriously(I know that sounds funny)

I will tell you the website where you can order 50 crickets for 9000w. They arrive in a box a few days later as the shop is located here in Seoul.
That's food for 50 days, so the price isn't that bad. The feeding is very fun to watch and makes it all worth it.

It's been a real pleasure owning this spider and I would really like to see another expat get her, rather than sell her on the Korean Spider hobby website where I bought her. I will easily get 150,000w for her on this site, but I will sell her for 100,000w firm to a Dave's reader. Aquariums and other supplies included. I'll even order your first 50 crickets for you and have them ready to go in a seperate plastic aquarium for you to take with you.

I live close to Sadang station. You can PM or you can email me at [email protected]

Here are some pics:

http://storage.msn.com/x1pxzZ39wV--_fCPCVUN5Y1TdRwf39dEE6rYxO0UYD4i6pKObaXCvKb7gU9sGqHgoL1W7UJ7APoNGHXrlOEIdkWzpfGovl96tvNT2mRxot9Ur0

http://storage.msn.com/x1pxzZ39wV--_fCPCVUN5Y1TYaFVWZhurLhRhBeCARCHYm4Vpk55epAsTvZZZ1B5wAJgPQElNQsec2lzqKxLugSnIqaAttjEnIRms23D7QBwdFzD89T_41ML3OzUuotyWsyejjXv6nNByw

http://storage.msn.com/x1pxzZ39wV--_fCPCVUN5Y1TTyFAETAzgs4lj1cOn9EAjlNUb39CrfPMVCkFov-ot7irM6EpLjJKCnnnUtfVJhulVGGT5OlpIpJngjWdvMtcV7IgyufIoxYyBvd35UudvuyXWCzfVGYQls

http://storage.msn.com/x1pxzZ39wV--_fCPCVUN5Y1TRL52wgx1cQpLvFG4oiTI1nctPmSrNXDMu8TMti_WiUb1ZUYFsViggxQHDfm9RXRZcPKt1VjP95cjdTPxzuAydd-nTjzAXAR_YDczKavmpslZ9b6CnTrrDo

Last edited by McQwaid on Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:58 am; edited 10 times in total
The Cosmic Hum

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, if that doesn't give you a warm fuzzy...then nothing will.
stumptown

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you still have that beast? What about temperature? Any special precautions?
McQwaid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup , I still have it.

Temperature? - no worries. Normal room temperature is fine for this one.
Once every couple of weeks you should spray a little mist on the dirt. That's about it.

She will eat for about 3 months straight and then stop all of the sudden for about two months because she is getting ready to molt. I think this two month fasting period will be coming up in March or April and the molt will be sometime in April. If you catch it on film it's great but hard to do as it is a 1 hour event that's hard to witness.

Is anyone feeling me out there? Am I the only nob that digz this shite? C'mon people ...it's a giant Birdeating freakin spider from wild rainforests of Brazil. Every night you go to bed your life is on the line as she may escape and come get you. It don't get any cooler than this! Cool

Livin in this country will turn you into a little panzy and make your transition back home all the more difficult. This'll help .... well, maybe Confused
stumptown

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your inbox dude I just PMed you with my phone number
McQwaid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: