Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

autoharp/chromaharp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
captain kirk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: autoharp/chromaharp Reply with quote

If you saw the movie 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' a character plays the autoharp. To accompany his voice. The autoharp or chromaharp is a folk instrument. It's very easy to play. Do a websearch to find out more about the instrument.

I got mine at a fleamarket for ten dollars here in Korea. They turn up periodically at Dongaemun fleamarket. That's an astounding price. These instruments go for three hundred dollars new. So I hauled it to a music shop where it got a new set of strings installed for 25 dollars plus 25 dollars labour. I got an extra set of strings for 25 dollars, as well. So, all told, I'd like 85 dollars (read 85,000 won). So you'd be getting a complete set of 21 different extra strings because they do break occasionally if you get too hairy with it.

I've always played the banjo and recently found one at Songtan for 160 bucks so I'll be getting back to the banjo. I'd like to concentrate on that instrument. And let the autoharp/chromaharp go. For someone who will play it (since I likely won't).

It's a 21 chord model, by the way. Again, you can check them out by doing a websearch for more general autoharp info.

Learn to play it. Take it to work and sing and strum for the kids. The only way they can get you to stop making your unholy racket is to fire you. Laughing
BigBlackEquus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, aren't you the guy that throws boomerangs around?

Boomerangs. Autoharps.

You're one interesting character.
captain kirk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, man. Well, I figure it's spring and somebody's just itchin' to do some autoharp strummin. Maybe you'd like to drive by and take it away in the trunk of that big, black Equus.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: