Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wanted: Aquarium.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Wanted: Aquarium. Reply with quote

I bought goldfish a few days ago but right now I'm using a 2.5 gallon tank. They need something bigger to be healthier and happier.

I'm looking at secondhand stores and the internet (and Dave's) for something a little bigger. 10-gallon (37L) at the smallest, but ideally I'd like a 20 gallon (75L).
McQwaid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one. I'm going home soon, so I'd be happy just to give it you rather than throw it away. I think it's around 10 gallons. It has a cool design too. It's half square and half circular.

I live by Sadang station anytime you wanna come get it.
Nemesis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best place to get aquarium stuff (and an amazing variety of fish) is in Dongdaemun's pet district. I don't remember the exit, but just follow the road along the Chonge-chon (sp?) stream path and you'll see it.

There's one shop there where the owner Sang-Mi speaks pretty good English. He'll set you up with everything you need and is able to deliver anywhere in Seoul.

Even better (given the fact that many are here just for a year or two) he'll take back the stuff (little or no money back, I think, but free pickup, anyway), including the fish, when you're ready to leave.

I bought a fully-kitted 42 gallon tank from him (including stand. gravel, filter, heater, fish, etc) for about W400,000. Given that I plan to stay here for another year, that works out to a rental of about W35,000/month. Not too shabby.

He delivered it the same day, set it up for me (took him about an hour), added some chemicals, and it was ready for fish (South American cichlids) after about three hours of circulation. No problems at all with the fishies two months later -- very healthy!

Go to Dongademun station, find the pet district (easy to find) and give him a call at 011-9892-6840 for specific directions to his shop. You can also check out his site http://www.ggogiya.co.kr/, although its all in Korean.

Hope that helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: