Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Proof of Return Ticket

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SomeWaySoon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:29 am    Post subject: Proof of Return Ticket Reply with quote

Hey, if anyone knows the answer to this I'd appreciate your help. I am coming to Korea on a tourist visa so I can check out schools in person before I sign a contract. I bought a round-trip ticket because I have to show proof of a return ticket to immigration. My question is, how do I show this when I have an E-ticket?
kylehawkins2000

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came on a one way ticket one month ago. I was nervous about being asked for a return ticket as I was travelling on a tourist visa as well. I thought about just buying a one way ticket to Beijing, Japan, or Taiwan but said to hell with it. ENded up no one asked me for a return ticket at all.

If you are concerned about it I would just print off your itinerary from the website where you booked your ticket, or whatever confirmation of issuanace you have (email, etc.). If it's all you have then it would be unreasonable for them to ask you for anything else. Don't worry about it.

Best of luck!

Kyle
mokpochica

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have an e-ticket you should easily be able to get a print-out of your itinerary and/or a real ticket from a ticket agent. You always need to have a printed out ticket these days anyway, and if your ticket is round trip they'll just print it all out for you.

I needed the proof of return ticket and wasn't told until I got to the airport, at which point I had to buy a second one-way ticket. I think that different people enforce this rule differently. I wasn't on a tourist visa (I was on an A-3) but I'm not sure it makes a difference between the two of them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: