Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

western food online
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bathroom crap...bathroom crap....oh! Taco stuff! Bathroom crap...

edit: Bathroom crap, coffee crap...oh! Chapstick! Coffee crap....
By the by, I can't find the ordering area either, but it appears you have to log in to the site.
Ya-ta Boy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried both Yoricom and grocerymall and found both to have excellent service. Grocerymall didn't have frozen peas in stock so the guy called (decent English) to tell me that part of my order would be late.

For those of us outside big cities, these places are a god-send.

Word to the wise: don't order just before a big holiday. The mail is slow and your order gets delayed. I had to wait two extra days for my graham crackers. Sad
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya-ta-Boy-How do you order things, then?
rasta man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:33 pm    Post subject: grocerymall question Reply with quote

Anybody else having problems with grocerymall?. Just tried to order some items. I registered, selected my stuff, but then when I clicked on "check out" all I got was a screen that had my order, no links payment method etc, just stuck there.
Ya-ta Boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zyzyfer:

I don't know what to tell you. I had no problems ordering just before Lunar New Year. Rasta man says he's having problems. Must be a computer problem somewhere.
canukteacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really a DUMB QUESTION. But, How the heck do you order frozen peas through the mail??? Shocked
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya-ta Boy wrote:
zyzyfer:

I don't know what to tell you. I had no problems ordering just before Lunar New Year. Rasta man says he's having problems. Must be a computer problem somewhere.

I more mean that some people don't know which buttons to push to make stuff happen. It was posted in an earlier message or two on this thread. I'm sure I could pull out www.bluedic.com and figure the site out, myself, but...if you know what buttons to press, whether we have to log in/make an account, so on, please inform the board.

Despite all the bathroom crap, they got plenty of stuff for making some potentially killer burritos.
Ya-ta Boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...I just tried to order some more frozen peas and I'm having a problem. Tomorrow I'll ask my friend to come over and help. I'll let you know what happens.

Keep your fingers crossed.
saw6436

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:50 am    Post subject: Problems with grocerymall Reply with quote

Just got my first order from grocerymall. No problems! Like other posters I was puzzled by what happened (or actually what didn't happen) after placed my order. No acknowledgement, nothing. Then I checked my e-mail and saw a notice that they had gotten my order. I ordered on March 6 and got my 5 pounds of cheese today (the 8th). A bottle of blue cheese dressing was not included but will call them tomorrow and check it out. Over-all, quite pleased with grocerymall.
Yoricome was an all-together different story. Logged in place my order and when it came time to pay they would not accept my Visa card. yoricome will not accept a foreign issued credit card. A word to the wise. You have to do a bank deposit or use a Korean issued credit card.
That in itself is kind of messed-up. Visa pays the store and then Visa goes after the issuing bank for their money. The store gets paid regardless. I have given-up trying to explain credit cards to korean shops though. (I worked for American Express for years).
Frankie Herrington

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Where to buy western products in South Korea Reply with quote

If anyone is still interested, you can buy things online at iherb.

Instructions are here

http://www.veganurbanite.com/2012/03/06/how-to-order-from-i-herb/

Good luck
ttompatz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to buy western products in South Korea Reply with quote

Frankie Herrington wrote:
If anyone is still interested, you can buy things online at iherb.

Instructions are here

http://www.veganurbanite.com/2012/03/06/how-to-order-from-i-herb/

Good luck

You dredged up a 9 year old thread (Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:50 am Post subject: Problems with grocerymall) to post an ad for i-herb?

JustinC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itaewon has several foreigner food shops which are usually pretty well stocked up, especially if you like Indian curries, cheddar and Marmite !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: