Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching Adults....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
voodoochild

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 3:17 am    Post subject: Teaching Adults.... Reply with quote

hi....im looking at going to Pusan to teach general or buisness English to Adults ....I have experience etc....does this sort of work exist there...or is it all Hagwons..??

Thanx
waterbaby

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, have you seen the Pusanweb site?
http://www.pusanweb.com
I think you'll find it really useful to gather information about living and working in Pusan. There are job listings within the classifieds section.

I'm not exactly sure what your distinction is between teaching business English and hagwons but I'll go along with my interpretation of that one...

As far as teaching Business English to adults - this work does exist, however I think most of it is done through hagwons. It's not as easy to come by a job teaching adults (let alone solely Business English) as it is to get a job teaching kids. It's not impossible but it may take longer than it would to get a job teaching kids.

To get a job teaching Bus Eng to execs and working directly for a big company is really hard and I imagine very competitive. Those jobs are never advertised and probably operate on a word of mouth basis. But then again, what do I know? I'm just a kindi and elementary teacher...

I think one of the drawbacks of teaching adults here is the split shift requirement many jobs have. That's something to look out for.

Good luck with your job hunting. I hope my post doesn't sound negative. It's not my intention. I guess the point I'm ultimately trying to make is that I think you'll need to be patient to find the position that you're after.
Butterfly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Teaching Adults.... Reply with quote

voodoochild wrote:
hi....im looking at going to Pusan to teach general or buisness English to Adults ....I have experience etc....does this sort of work exist there...or is it all Hagwons..??

Thanx

I worked at Pusan ELS when I worked in Korea the first time. It was good.
ratslash

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this does my head in!

butterfly! you are not the only culprit, but PLEASE!!! there is no need to quote the original poster!!! i just f*c *n* read it! thank you!

sorry voodoochild, that i have no other response to your post!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: