Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Vaccinations are needed???
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barefootbelle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Homer,

If you read my post (which is long, but thorough) I ended up with the same advice you did. I was merely posting what I wanted to have found myself. I understand you were making a general comment, but it's hard not to take it personal when it's about my post. No harm done.
dogshed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Traveler's clinic Reply with quote

If you say you are going overseas most health departments in the United States will give you the vacinations for free. -Jeff
OiGirl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Traveler's clinic Reply with quote

dogshed wrote:
If you say you are going overseas most health departments in the United States will give you the vacinations for free. -Jeff

Very interesting, but in my experience, "most"="none". And the vaccinations you might want to go overseas are often not covered by insurance plans, since they're "optional" for someone who lives in the US.
Homer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

South Korea (Republic of Korea)
Summary of recommendations Medications Immunizations

�2006 MDtravelhealth.com. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use.

Summary of recommendations:

All travelers should visit either their personal physician or a travel health clinic 4-8 weeks before departure.

Malaria: Prophylaxis with chloroquine is recommended for the demilitarized zone (DMZ) and for rural areas in the northern parts of Kyonggi and Kangwon provinces.

Vaccinations: Hepatitis A
Recommended for all travelers

Typhoid
For travelers who may eat or drink outside major restaurants and hotels

Japanese encephalitis
For long-term (>1 month) travelers to rural areas or travelers who may engage in extensive unprotected outdoor activities in rural areas, especially after dusk

Hepatitis B
For travelers who may have intimate contact with local residents, especially if visiting for more than 6 months

Rabies
For travelers who may have direct contact with animals and may not have access to medical care

Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR)
Two doses recommended for all travelers born after 1956, if not previously given

Tetanus-diphtheria
Revaccination recommended every 10 years
daz1979

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hep A - 1 jab
Hep B - 3 jabs ovber course of a month
Japenese Encephilitis - 1 jab
Polio, Diptheria, and something else i cant remember all in one

Thats what you must have
daz1979

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daz1979 wrote:
Hep A - 1 jab
Hep B - 3 jabs ovber course of a month
Japenese Encephilitis - 1 jab
Polio, Diptheria, and something else i cant remember all in one

Thats what you must have

This is also only if you are working around locals and in the country for over 6 months
dogshed

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Traveler's clinic Reply with quote

OiGirl wrote:
dogshed wrote:

Very interesting, but in my experience, "most"="none". And the vaccinations you might want to go overseas are often not covered by insurance plans, since they're "optional" for someone who lives in the US.

You are correct. I forgot that I got mine a few years ago. I found a price list for the county I got my booster.

http://health.jocogov.org/Disease%20Programs/travelFee.htm
k777a

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Hep A & B vaccinations Reply with quote

Hey just wondering. I had my vaccinations back home in the states. However, I had it over 4-5 years ago. I hear you need a booster of them again after the 5-year mark. Can anyone help? Thanks, T.
MoonArisa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringing this back to (possibly) life with another question:

Having had all (except perhaps the Japanese Encephilitis), and seeing the suggestions for boosters; does anyone know if it's more worth getting them where you live prior to going to SK, or is it just as worth it to do it upon arrival there?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: