Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How big is your apartment?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ya-ta Boy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new school-provided apt is 25 pyong. Smallish kitchen and living room and three bedrooms, two of them made for midgets. It will be fine once the school moves out their crappy furniture which has been squeezed into one of MY bedrooms. Then I can spread my stuff out that has been squeezed into the one extra bedroom. The best thing about this place is the view. Hills and fields (of 고구마?). I'm a mile or less outside of town. 5 minute drive to work.
laogaiguk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya-ta Boy wrote:
My new school-provided apt is 25 pyong. Smallish kitchen and living room and three bedrooms, two of them made for midgets. It will be fine once the school moves out their crappy furniture which has been squeezed into one of MY bedrooms. Then I can spread my stuff out that has been squeezed into the one extra bedroom. The best thing about this place is the view. Hills and fields (of 고구마?). I'm a mile or less outside of town. 5 minute drive to work.

Hey, midgets need places to live too!!! Wink

Maybe you can sublet them out and make some money, then again, I would never suggest bringing this up near anyone at work and give them that idea !
Ya-ta Boy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would never suggest bringing this up near anyone at work and give them that idea !

Excellent point, my good man.

I once lived in a company apt, all alone in a 3 bedroom place big enough to hold a basketball game in the living room. Went to work on Thanksgiving Day (American) thinking about whipping up a hamburger to celebrate the festivities that night (this was in the pre-stove days) and Ms Jo told me I was getting a roomie. A married guy whose family lived in another city.

That numbers among the worst days of my life. I had a 35 year old roomie whose mom and wife had picked up and cleaned up after him all his life.

We didn't make a relationship in our three months together.

I should say that my new place has one serious draw-back. The kitchen sink is 1 pyong all by itself. I can't figure out if it looks like a horse trough or one of those old tin urinals we used at the county fair when I was a kid. It's undivided and the drain is big enough to be a portal on a ship.
b_canadian_eh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wife and I have a 3 bedroom place that used to be the director's place 3 years back.... Not super nice but for Korean standards roomy and suits our needs. Can't complain after hearing people's horror stories.
Natebomb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, had a recruiter last night offer my gf and I a "huge" 10pyong apartment........glad we refused Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: