Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How did you break it off with the girlfriend back home?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eamo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pushed her out of the plane somewhere over Mongolia. She's a nomad now.
yodanole

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:16 am    Post subject: the signifigant other Reply with quote

As common wisdom on this forum clearly and continuously suggests:

A) All foreign men here are fat, balding, toothless, alcoholic losers who couldn't get a date on a bet back home.

B) All foreign women here are Bierkenhooved heifers.

Conclusion: All previous posts are fantasies. None of this could possibly have been a problem.
Manner of Speaking

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gang ah jee wrote:
Quote:
I've never broken up and stayed on good terms/friends with an ex...

gawd i can't escape my exes i'm on good terms with. most of the time it's cool, but sometimes it gets a bit much. like when there's more than three or four in the same room.
Hmmm...maybe I don't have a problem after all... Wink
helly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Girlfriend came to Korea to visit. While I was at work one day, she read through my private journals where I had expressed interest in someone else here in Korea (be very careful with private journals, folks. What I took to be a place to transport private thought became weapons against me a few times.) When I got back from work that day, she was gone, journal and a torn picture of me on the table.

3 hours later, she was back. Couldn't figure out how to get to the airport. She stayed for 3 more days and we had many a long soul-searching discussion (had been together for 6 years, friends for many years before that). Kept those discussions over the phone for a few months and finally ended it.

When I went back to visit a year later, found out she told all our friends that I was cheating on her in Korea and that's why we broke it off. Apparently, emotional cheating is equivalent to the real thing. Had to spend a bit of time trying to win back the sympathies of people I'd known for years.
Cthulhu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, some of these stories makes me wonder how Korean women get slagged for their style sometimes. Maybe super-clingy but generally faithful (I did say "generally") has some good points.

On the other hand, it is far easier to remain friends with Western ex-GF's than with Korean ones, that's for sure! Sad

Makes me glad I'm married and don't have to worry about that stuff anymore...this time. Twisted Evil
gajackson1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess I have done pretty well on this one - I'm on good terms with 90%+ of my 'exes.' Very Happy

Has a lot to do with being honest going into things, understanding yourself, and understanding the other person.

I'm not interested in a lifetime partner or lifetime romance. For me, life IS romance.

I'm not interested in having children, either. And i well believe I am old enough to know what I do want and do not want. Far from being selfish, I am only interested in taking on responsibilities and promises I feel I can commit to fully - a wife and/or children are NOT amongst those.

I'm a solid friend and a fun lover; if that is what the girl is looking for too, then things will naturally be ok, come the parting. Cool

Unless, of course, the wants/needs of 1 or both change. Which explains the other 10%- Rolling Eyes

G.

(before coming here, I was dating a few women; all knew of my decision to come over here before we were dating; only one was upset about my decision to follow through with it, and for her to be relegated back to 'friends' - which is why, sadly, we aren't any more)
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like there are alot of similarities here.. I mean I can relate to quite a few people and have had similar experiences..

By and large though, every EX I have, I don't seem to have much anything with anymore..

One is getting married.. after we brokeup, we exchanged emails or letters about twice a year for a good 5-6 years.. but neither one of us has had any intention to meet.. even when I've been visiting one of my best friends who lives in the same city..

Another wanted to marry me.. she was looking for the whole thing - husband, husband who works hard for his wife so she can be with the kids, etc. Anyhow, I got a little nervous on that one, and she never ever wanted to have anything to do with me after that - plus she almost immediately married another ex-boyfriend who did have the intention/interest of marrying her and all that..

Another girl who I was involved with.. she really wanted to see me again well after we brokeup or went our separate ways.. which was cool.. but we were far apart.. then once she got into another serious relationship.. i've never heard anything from her again.

Anyhow, thats how it usually works.. never to see the person again.. particularly the moment either you or them get involved with someone else..
danyuk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

helly wrote:
Girlfriend came to Korea to visit. While I was at work one day, she read through my private journals where I had expressed interest in someone else here in Korea (be very careful with private journals, folks. What I took to be a place to transport private thought became weapons against me a few times.) When I got back from work that day, she was gone, journal and a torn picture of me on the table.

3 hours later, she was back. .

Couldnt find the Airport - that old chestnut!!!!!!

Why all u girls play so silly games, blokes who have had long relationships spot these tricks a mile off!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: