Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E-2 MULTIPLE ENTRY Visa in my passport-stopped anyway-why?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mosley

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should amend what I wrote in a previous post. A re-entry permit remains valid until your visa expiry date IF it's a multiple. A single is a "one time deal" only. If you leave Korea once, the permit is used up.
Seatangle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last December, I did the same Busan-Fukuoka thing as you. There were no problems with the single/multiple entry thing. (I have a multiple entry visa and I'm from the U.S.)

The only thing was, the immigration guy couldn't quite grasp that I wasn't going on a visa run. I was leaving and returning on the same visa. Anyway, finally he got that it was, "just vacation" and let me go. No big deal, I just thought it was kind of weird was all.
lawyertood

Location: Seoul, Incheon and the World--working undercover for the MOJ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a side note, if you are an American and renew your visa for the same employer it does not renew your multiple entry status. You have to apply for a multiple entry permit. Your visa is only renewed as a single entry visa. A friend found out the hard way. Mad
The Bobster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what the excitement is here. I usually ask for a multiple entry visa and this last time I forgot to but they gave it to me anyway. I get my visa work done usually at the Korean Consulate in San Francisco and this last time it cost a lot more, US$50, so I guess the fee people are talking about is in there ... been to Thailand 3 times and once to the Phillipines and no one has ever hinted at a problem or further fees either coming or going.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: