Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kosin University: Catholics Not Christian Enough To Teach
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are Korean Protestant Christians Bigots?
(1) Absolutely
68%
 68%  [ 17 ]
(2) No more than you and I
32%
 32%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 25

Circus Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philipjames wrote:
Agnostics, even athiests, will even concede that perhaps there is a supreme entity, a first cause of some sort.

Not the atheists I've met. According to them, introducing the factor of God into the creation of the universe violates Occam's Razor.

CM

edit: I'm sorry for hijacking this thread. Expat Joe, what you went through stinks.
Canadian Teacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korean "Christians" tend to be of unique character...the kind of which I would run across the street to avoid. The worst slimebags I have worked for, two in my case, were heavy bible beaters and the most dishonest people I have ever met. They figured they could hide behind their bibles I guess.

I aggree with Mr James. Religion is superstion. If somebody wants to devote their life to it, so be it but leave me out of it. I do not judge you and you have no right to judge me. The arrogance that bible punchers often display shocks me. "It is my way only and you have to believe what I believe. I am only trying to save you."

The present war is all about religion and greed. The right wing bible fanatics who got Bush elected are wating for Armagedon. At the same time they see wealth as a way of getting closer to god. Notice what was capruted first. The rest of the war is unimportant.
Anda

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Great Grandparents Of Humanists. The Bible Makes Sense. Reply with quote

Derrek

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Teacher wrote:

The present war is all about religion and greed. The right wing bible fanatics who got Bush elected are wating for Armagedon. At the same time they see wealth as a way of getting closer to god. Notice what was capruted first. The rest of the war is unimportant.

C'mon? No comments about the thousands of Mulsims around the world who constantly call for "Jihad" and the death of Americans everywhere?

Who's worse?
Canadian Teacher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Derrek"]
Canadian Teacher wrote:

C'mon? No comments about the thousands of Mulsims around the world who constantly call for "Jihad" and the death of Americans everywhere?
Who's worse?

One religious nut is the same as the next, be they in Pakistan, Winnipeg, Tel Aviv, Teheran or Atlanta. Islam has fought Jihads since Mohammed got stoned an rambled the Koran. They got as far as Vienna, Madrid and Davao.

If anyone wants to be a fundamentalist anything, feel free. However, do not expect me to get on your wagon and if you threaten my because I do not share, or care to share, your beliefs, look for a .45 cal enema. Or JDAM.
The Bobster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jihad is arabic for what in English we call a Crusade - the flavor of the word sounds so much more noble in our language, but that's only because we consider ourselves to be noble and consider those who are different to be heathens ...
eamo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Korean christians, especially the 'born-again' variety, are a bit scary. I saw them recently singing and banging instruments on Itaewon main st. Then they went into a kind of fit!! They were all holding hands and making primal noises, shouting and yelling. I think they were trying to get spiritually high or something.
The overwhelming feeling I got was that they were showing off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: