Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IPOD NANO 4GB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eaglenovan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: IPOD NANO 4GB Reply with quote

Deleted

Last edited by eaglenovan on Wed May 16, 2007 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
FriendlyBeard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Apple.kr listing... Reply with quote

The Nano is listed in Korea for
280,000 Won (4gigs : 1000 songs)

Unless you really need something tiny to play your music I would recommend the 30gig iPod Video! It's still really small in size and it's way better!
330,000 Won (30gigs : 7,500 songs and it plays video)

Also If you can wait, apple has a new wide screen video iPod in the works that is supposed to be released later this year. It is supposed to have a 4"LCD and a virtual touch wheel. It's going to be rad.

( I will admit the nano's are pretty sexy though)
krats1976

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's 265,000-ish at Costco.
hepcat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an 60 GB video ipod and a 4 GB nano, and they are both great.
Why two ipods?
The 60GB holds all of my music, automatically backing up my library every time I plug it in to recharge. Also, it can play video and photos, useful for my amusement and for the edification of my students. I also have an electronic dictionary in the notes section. It is fairly hefty, however.
The nano is much smaller and more convenient. I bought it to use when I go running or biking, and now it's my usual choice for general use as well. It's so small and yet solid, and being flash-based, it accesses the memory faster than the disc-based video-pod. The nano, too, can play photos (onto a t.v.,as well, if I want). 4 GB is a lot of music, by the way, so unless you are leaving your computer behind for a month, you will never feel constrained for storage space.
The long and short of it: buy two ipods if you've got the cash.
u26sjb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the size isn't an issue, I would recommend going with the 30 giga video. I got mine at Yongsan for 305 000 won. There isn't that much difference in price, and you do get alot more space for your money.

say hi to the yogicat from me!
I-am-me

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey...How did you download a dictionary to the notes section..that sounds handy! Shocked
hepcat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: dictionary on the ipod.
Merriam Wester has a new pocket dictionary for iPod. I found it on a Mac-oriented b.t. site called Broken Stones. Runs out of the notes folder. A little pokey on my iPod Video, but it is modestly useful. The real problem is it's size. This is a very abbreviated dictionary.

Note: This dictionary will take up a large portion ( 2.95 MB of 4MB available/ 853 pages of 1000 available) of your iPod's Notes memory area. Before adding this dictionary, back-up any study guides or other notes you may already have on your iPod to your computer's hard drive or to another folder on your iPod.

iPod requirements:
3rd generation or newer iPod (sold since April, 2003.)
Firmware: Version 2.0 or later. This includes the new Video and Nano, click-wheel iPod, iPod Mini, and the "no moving parts" iPods with the buttons above the wheel and the dock connector on the bottom. And the new 4th generation iPod with only the wheel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: