Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chohung Bank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deshell32

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: Chohung Bank Reply with quote

I read the Herald today and it said that there is a possibility that the labor union of Chohung Bank will strike if a proposal to sell about 80% of the bank is not withdrawn by the 25th of this month. I leave in two weeks. Should I quickly wire what I have in my account to a U.S. account and take my last monthly payment in cash (and exhange for dollars at the airport) or do you think I am paranoid and I would be able to wire all of my money the day before I fly?
Ryst Helmut

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: Better Safe Than Sorry Reply with quote

Deshell,

Yes, I would wire your dosh, and take last month's pay in cash...how can you go wrong?

There is a strike occuring (or imminent) and your account shall freeze...or so the Korean media stated. Your money will be safe (yeah, uh huh), as the Korean government said that they'd place people in the banks so that patrons may access their monies. Even Koreans are unsure of this, and so it'd be best to WITHDRAW as much money you'd need for ... let's say...one month.

For everyone else, you can open up another account (different bank or post office) and transfer funds.

You could always put your money in a jar and bury it!

Shoosh,

Ryst
Hotel Cheonan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take Ryst Helmut's advice . . .apparently the strike is happening tonight at midnight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: