Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tips for when you have food poisoning...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panthermodern

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was one of the most disgustingly infomative posts ever.
GOOD JOB!

That's really good advice and info for us that [oh, god not again] ...

BELLLEEQQUECCCHHHSSS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
weatherman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I safely say, because of your post, your are feeling better? Wow, I usually have an iron stomic, but that kind of gave me the willies. What did you eat that gave you your troubles?
the_beaver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for me. . .

I hang at home near a toilet and watch movies in between hurling hershey squirting.

And I drink lots of water.
Morning Calm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha....awesome post. I think its that nasty Ulsan air you've been breathing, it definately can't help you when you are cringing in pain, open the window for some freash air, and all you get is a mouth full of dirty smog. I feel your pain, food posioning is a on one of the top 5 most painful things to endure. I've had a friend who was passing stones tell me that food posioning is worst.

Good advice and good post.

:up:
funplanet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a long history of naturopathy. Had my own business for 10 years in the alternative health field...best thing? ACTIVATED CHARCOAL...it will absorb 1000x its own weight in poisons...you can ingest (not that you would want to) of most poisons and enough ac will absorb the poison and pass it through your body. Children who have ingested enough arsenic, gasoline, etc to kill 5 adults have been saved if gotten to in time.

good luck finding it here...haven't tried. It's a good idea to keep some in your medicine cabinet. Good luck!
The Lemon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lord! I can't believe I just read that.

Was this a one-off thing, or do you have a sensitive stomach?
I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. Must have been horrible.

Have you ruled out stress from mod-ing?
Canadian Teacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first year in Korea I had regular bouts of food posioning. I also had the dreaded e-coli. I remember coming to and seeing my boss's concern face. He asked me "When are you coming back to work?"

I am very careful about what I eat. First, nothing off the street. Second, if a restaurant looks like a dirty dive, do not eat there! I also eat a lot more at home now that I used to. Never eat anything that is raw in Korea.

However, it also seems that my body is getting accustomed to Korean bacteria because I do not get sick nearly as often as I used to.
Watchful

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys for real?

I've taken heed to those warnings in Thailand, Cambodia, and Burma, but Korea too?? Well, okay, the street vendors are out, and the restaurants with scum everywhere, yep out too --- but help me out, what's bad? The fruit stands on the side of the road most have been fine, fresh fruits & veggies and I've not gotten sick... grocery foods have been fine...

Hey, I want a healthy summer, so what is it?

I once got super super super bad food poisoning in the Calgary area of Western Canada from KFC - normal KFC!! Whatever, something in the oil or something, but man was that THE WORST... So, do you think it's the fried foods here? Just don't change the oil?

Interesting. Would like to hear more.
rudyflyer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is where my junk food addiction comes in handy. I NEVER eat street stall food, NEVER eat raw food (I HATE seafood) and go to resturants that look clean. The only time tap water even touches my innards is when I brush my teeth and for 7 years I never had a problem. I also wash any fruit I may eat with bottled water and make soups and pasta with bottled water. I also throughly cook all my meats and chicken, well done is now standard for me

Finally I remember my wife getting food poisoning from steamed mandu our first year here. I'll never go near mandu again.

yeah it limits the variety of food I eat but I've never been sick. knock on wood
rapier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My teacher friend had a severe bout of food poisoning last week. Word is that its going around, and 2 people have died of it in the past week. Make sure not to drink tap water, or eat sushi/uncooked seafood. Apparently its all been sparked off by very hot weather recently- sending the microbes into overdrive.
Get yourself to the doctor rapidly for a stiff shot and course of antibiotics if you catch it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: