Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jokjeon in Yongin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paji eh Wong

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:46 am    Post subject: Jokjeon in Yongin Reply with quote

Hey kids

I'm up for a job in Jokjeon in Yongin city. I have a few questions about the town itself.

1) How do you find your general quality of life? (outside work, of course)

2) Is there a foriegner community of any sort? What do you do for meeting people?

3) How far are you from Ori station? How is the bus service in Jokjeon? How long does it take to Itaewon or Sincheon?

4) Is there anywhere to go running?

I admit, I screwed up. I posted the same questions earlier about Jeongja in Bundang. Sorry, I got some misinformation

Thanks for any info in advance.
Holyjoe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jukcheon is a relatively new place, in fact I think most of it is still under construction.

I live near Singal which is just a little bit further on from Jukcheon (over the hill and past the Wal-Mart) and I enjoy living here. You're near Suji too. There's a crossroads as you come from Bundang - straight on takes you to Singal, right takes you to Suji and left takes you to Jukcheon, so you can get the idea they're all pretty close.

Ori station's a 5-10 minute bus journey from there, and at Ori you have a whole host of things such as the CGV, Carrefour, Hanaro-mart etc so you're served for shopping and entertainmeny amenities.
I don't know what the bus service from Jukcheon's like because I've never started from there, but a bus from Singal (2002, 2002-1, 6006) will take you to Yangjae and Gangnam in around 45-50 minutes, so factor around 80-90 minutes for getting to Itaewon from your house.

Not sure about running but there's plenty of greenery around (until they finish building apartment complexes all over it!) and Bundang central park's only 20 minutes or so away on the bus and you can run to your heart's content there.

Hope this has helped! PM me if you're after any more info Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: