Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dentistry?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhonda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:49 am    Post subject: Dentistry? Reply with quote

Just wondering about the dentists in SK. I need to get a couple of fillings, and I've never had a cavity before so it may be a bit of a delicate process for me. I've heard that dentistry is cheaper in Korea but is it as "comfortable" as in the West? i.e. Should I get my fillings here before I go (I'm broke) or should I wait to do it after I arrive (I'm chicken-sh--)?
the_beaver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a thread about this http://www.eslcafe.com/forums/korea/viewtopic.php?t=4618&highlight=dentist.

I had a root canal done a few weeks back and I've been returning to the dentist to get the hole in my tooth filled. One more time for the final coating, and then, if I want it, a gold crown for 290,000. Add that to the 80,000 for the root canal and the filling, and it's only 370,000. Relatively painless and cheap. Get your tooth fixed here.
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dentists here don't use the numbing shot from the needle when you get fillings. If you wince and groan the assistants hold you down in the chair so that the dentist can finish off the job. Suffering in silence seems to be part of the culture.

I had a root canal done here, but they gave me a shot for that. I also have a couple of gold crowns, and I think I payed about $450 for them.
K-in-C

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:54 pm    Post subject: Excellent Reply with quote

Shinhyung Dental Implant Center & Institute
Sin Sa Dong, Kangnam Gu
Tele: (02) 518-3126 or 3127

Dr. Tae Lee speaks fluent English. He studied at New York University. I highly reccomend him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: