Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jeongja in Bundang

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paji eh Wong

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:41 am    Post subject: Jeongja in Bundang Reply with quote

Hi

I'm up for a job near the Jeongja subway stop in Bundang. I've read all of the Bundang threads, but I was hoping for some more specific info about Jeongja. Here's my questions ...

1) How do you find your general quality of life? (outside work, of course)

2) Is there a foriegner community of any sort? What do you do for meeting people?

3) I know the subway runs into Seoul. How is the bus service there? How long does it take to Itaewon or Sincheon?

Any info would be hot, and greatly appreciated.
Ciao
djsmnc

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeongja is really laid back. I think it's one of the only places directly outside of Seoul that isn't covered with a haze so thick you could cut it with knife.

There was a foreigner community here when I first arrived, but many of them seem to have moved on. However, I have been so wrapped up in my own business and girlfriend lately that it may still be like that and I haven't noticed.

Expect an upper middle class way of life replete with a billion kids saying "Hello" and post-pregnancy mothers shedding off that excess weight on the big canal/pathway (called "Tanchon" in Korean).

It is a convenient location, however, if you enjoy nights in Seoul but relaxing afternoons in a (fairly) natural environment.
Not Angry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeongja is a pretty nice place. Convenient enough to Seoul for the weekends. Some nice parks and some pretty good hiking trails nearby if you enjoy the outdoors. It is very quiet, so if you are looking for a wild neighborhood it is probably not for you. There are a lot of ex-pats who live nearby. I see them all the time. Buses are convenient to get anywhere in town and most places in Seoul. If you have any more specific questions feel free to PM me. Good luck!
Paji eh Wong

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: