Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accomodation can be bad ~ can be terrible!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mody Ba

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:57 pm    Post subject: Schwa"Speaks" Reply with quote

Sometimes I prefer someone who is an out and out apologist(at least they have an opinion),rather than some people like Anda and Schwa,who try to ride both sides of the fence.Apparently Anda is comfortable...and I bet Schwa is comfy too in his(her?) nice little beach resort at Sokcho.
Too bad some people are satisfied to preserve the status quo...when the status quo stinks.
Mosley

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 3:28 am    Post subject: Schwa.... Reply with quote

"Mo-Mo twins.." Your wit, sir, sends me into shame. How can a peon such as I compete with your Wildean urbanity and sharp-edged sense of satire?
flutieflakes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually mosley, i got quite the little laugh out of that one....
Mosley

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it was a "little" laugh....
Mody Ba

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:05 pm    Post subject: Mr.Flakes Reply with quote

I think "flutieflakes" has a bad case of Seoul Syndrome.As for chuckles, I get a good guffaw everytime I see his handle."Flutieflakes"?????Does this mean he is flakey?Or?Or? Laughing
adventureman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must not follow American football if you don't get where "flutieflakes" got has name from, Mody Ba....
Mody Ba

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:38 pm    Post subject: The Etymology of "Flutieflakes" Reply with quote

Does it have something to do with that QB Doug Flutie,who went to Canada to play football? Nah,I don't follow American football much anymore.Actually,at first,I though "flutieflakes" might be some kind of obscure pun on "Frootloops"(that cereal advertised by the big toucan)...or something.
I used to follow baseball,until they spoiled it with too much expansion and then interleague play.
flutieflakes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mody ba,

i am assuming that you are american.............not knowing who or what "flutie flakes" is must mean you have been away from home a little too long....sure he played in the cfl but then proceeded to play for the buffalo bills and kick ass until politics once again got in his way as he was replaced by 'knob' johnson (i.e. he's too small, not a strong enough arm etc.)......now at 40 plus he still kicking around the league in san diego.....
Mody Ba

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:38 pm    Post subject: Well, At Least part of the Mystery is Cleared Up....... Reply with quote

So now we know the "flutie"part emanates from Mr.Doug Flutie...but where does the "flakes" come in? Seriously, a lot of people ,even in the US,do not follow football that seriously.However, I do remember (from back when I DID follow football) that the "knocK" on Flutie was always that he was too small...
flutieflakes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leading boston college to a miracle national championship........kicking ass in the nfl on more than one occassion........winning grey cups and mvp's in the cfl......too small????????????.........no, just one hell of a football player......when he was in buffalo about 4-5 years ago, they came out with the cereal brand "flutie flakes"........stores in western new york had a hard time keeping them in stock........
Mosley

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No disagreement, flakes, the little *beep* IS one hell of a QB. Now let's all get back on topic about accomodation in Korea. Doug Flutie never had to worry about that....
Mody Ba

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:25 pm    Post subject: Doug Flutie Teaches TESOL Reply with quote

Well,why not?Everybody else seems to be trying it.It can be his next "career" after he finally retires from football.I did not mean to impugn in any way his football prowess.And now I know "flakes" refers to a breakfast food named in his honor,and not a designation for his loyal followers'"Yay,Flutieflakes,unite!"
Now we have that issue out of the way,or something Laughing let's listen to Mr.Moseley and get back to the accommodation issue.What is the latest on this new"studio sweatbox" scam they are purportedly trying to pull?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: